听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » words from the heart
返回列表 发帖

words from the heart

Most people neet to hear those three little words “I love u ”. Once in a while, they hear them just in time.
I met Connie the day she was admitted to the hospice room, where I worked as a volunteer. Her husband, Bill, stood nervously nearby as she was transferred to the hospital bed. Although Connie was in the final stages of her fight against cancer, she was alert and cheerful. Connie was aromantic. She loved soap operas, romance novels and movies with a good love story. As we became acquainted, she confided how frustating it was be married 32years to a man who ofter called her”a silly woman”.
“oh,I know Bill loves me,” she said, “but he has never been one to say he loves me, or send cards to me.” She sighed and looked out the window at the trees in the courtyard. “ I’d give anything if he’d say ‘ I love u’, but it’s just not in his nature.”
Bill visited Connie every day. One day, I remembered it was February 12,over coffee in the cafeteria, I got him on the subject of women and how we need romance in our lives; how we love to get sentimental cards and love letter.
“Do u tell Connie u love her?” I asked (knowing his answer), and he looked at me as if I was crazy.
“I don’t have to.” He said. “She knows I do!”
“I’m sure she knows,” I said,
“but she needs to hear it, Bill. She needs to hear what she has meant to u all these years. Please think about it.”
Two days later I walked down the hospice ward at noon. There stood Bill, leaning up againese the wall in the hallway, staring at the floor. I already knew from the head nurse that Connie had died at 11 a.m.
When Bill saw me ,he said,” I thought a lot about what u said, and this morning I told her how much I loved her…and loved being married to her. U should have seen her smile!”
I went into the room to say my own goodbye to Connie.
There, on the bedside table, was a large Valentine card from Bill. U know, the sentimental kind that says, “ To my wonderful wife… I love u.”
Don’t be closefisted in expressing your affection to your beloved, to your parents and to your friends who are waiting for it.

评分人数

• xln1120

Don’t be closefisted in expressing your affection to your beloved, to your parents and to your friends who are waiting for it. 1# sweet.lan

just say bravely " I love you " to your beloved .

评分人数

• tingroom

Don’t be closefisted in expressing your affection to your beloved, to your parents and to your friends who are waiting for it.

评分人数

• tingroom

返回列表