听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日音乐欣赏】 » What a Wonderful World -- Stacey Kent
返回列表 发帖

What a Wonderful World -- Stacey Kent

本帖最后由 Rachel0818 于 2013-5-10 10:03 编辑

本帖最后由 Rachel0818 于 2013-5-10 10:03 编辑 I see trees of green, red roses too I see 'em bloom For me and you And I think to myself What a wonderful world I see skies of blue Clouds of white Bright blessed days Dark sacred nights And I think to myself What a wonderful world. The colors of the rainbow So pretty in the sky Are also on the faces Of people passing by I see friends shaking hands Sayin' how do you do’ They're really sayin' I love you’ I hear babies cry I watch them grow They'll learn much more than I'll never know And I think to myself What a wonderful world Yes I think to myself What a wonderful world I see friends shaking hands Sayin' how do you do’ They're really sayin' I love you’ I hear babies cry I watch them grow They'll learn much more than I'll never know And I think to myself What a wonderful world Yes I think to myself What a wonderful world

适合裹一条毯子,窝在床上,安安静静读一本书,或小品一杯咖啡。超喜欢的爵士风!--听过很多的版本,还是喜欢JAZZE的

原是比较文学出身,却意外踏上爵士演唱生涯的女歌手史黛西.肯特(Stacey Kent),是近五年来爵士乐界最闪亮的新星。踩着一条和大部份爵士歌手截然不同的路上来的她,虽是纽约在地人,其爵士生涯却起自欧洲,在史黛西.肯特前去攻读义文、法文和德文的过程中,意外结识身为萨克斯风手的老公汤姆.林森,史黛西.肯特在完全没有专业音乐训练的背景下,开始了爵士演唱,到伦敦市政厅音乐学院学习,并在伦敦各地的爵士酒馆演唱。 随后史黛西.肯特的试唱带被唱片公司相中,在1997年顺利发行了第一张专辑,并立刻受到来自乐评和大众的一致好评

New York native Stacey Kent never anticipated a career in jazz music, for she was a Sarah Lawrence graduate with a degree in comparative literature. But her childhood days spent listening to the traditional beauty of Frank Sinatra and Nat "King" Cole undoubtedly influenced her. While on holiday in Europe after graduating from college, she took up singing without much formal training and never looked back.

Kent became acquainted with several musicians at Oxford in 1991 and through them she found herself participating in a jazz course at the famed Guildhall School of Music and Drama. There she also met her future husband, tenor saxophonist Jim Tomlinson, and also landed a spot in the class. Her next spot was singing with the Vile Bodies Swing Orchestra at the Ritz Hotel in London, quickly landing a role in Ian McKellen's Richard III film, playing the big-band singer. The mid-'90s were more focused on recording and in 1996, Kent inked a deal with Candid Records. A year later, the critically acclaimed Close Your Eyes was issued; Tender Trap followed in 1999. Her third LP Let Yourself Go: Celebrating Fred Astaire, which showcased popular standards, appeared in spring 2000. The ballad-oriented Dreamsville appeared the next spring.

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

返回列表