听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 【美文】沼地上的一起死亡事件 Death on the Moor part.6
返回列表 发帖

【美文】沼地上的一起死亡事件 Death on the Moor part.6

'Before you return,will you be able to explain the mysteries that we've experienced here?'

'I am not always as successful as I hope.I need facts,not stories of the supernatural.This hasn' t been a good case for me.

Stapleton looked hard at him,but Holmes had spoken very seriously and his words sounded true.

We covered the body.Then Stapleton turned to go home,and Holmes and I walked towards Baskerville Hall.

'He's a very clever man,and a dangerous enemy,who will be difficult to trap,' said Holmes.' Look how he controlled his disappointment when he found that the dead man was not Sir Henry.'

'I'm sorry that he has seen you,'I said.

'So am I,but there was nothing we could do about it.Now he knows I am here he may be more careful,or he may act more quickly than he planned.'

'Why can't we give him to the police at once?'

'Because we can't prove anything against him.Sir Charles was found dead because his heart failed.Again,tonight we could not prove that there was a hound.Selden died from a fall.We have no case at present.We shall see Mrs Lyons to morrow,and she may help us.But whatever happens,I have my own plan.There will be some danger,but by the end of tomorrow I hope to have won this battle.'

He would say nothing else.

'Are you coming to the Hall?'I asked.

中文翻译:
“在您离去之前,您能解释得了我们在此经历的种种神秘事件吗?”

“我不像自己希望的那样总能取得成功。我需要事实,而不是有关鬼怪的种种故事。对我来说这个案子办得并不好。”

斯台普顿死盯着他,但是福尔摩斯说话时很一本正经,他的话语听上去也像真的。

我们把尸体遮盖起来。然后,斯台普顿就转身回家了,我和福尔摩斯朝巴斯克维尔庄园走去。

“他是个聪明人,同时也是个危险的对手,很难被诱捕的,”福尔摩斯讲道。“看看,当他发现那个死去的家伙不是亨利爵士时,他是多么镇定地克制自己的失望之情啊。”

“我感到很遗憾,他竟看到了你,”我说道。

返回列表