听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » Is It Worth It?
返回列表 发帖

Is It Worth It?

Horrow gripped the heart of the World War 1 soldier as he saw his lifelong friend fall in battle. Caught in a trench with continuous gunfire whizzing over his head, the soldier asked his lieutenant if he might go out into the “No Man’s Land” between the trenches to bring his fallen comrade back.

“You can go,” said the Lieutenant, “but I don’t think it will be worth it. Your friend is probably dead
and
you may throw your own life away.” The Lieutenant’s words didn’t matter, and the solder went anyway.

Miraculously he managed to reach his friend, hoisted him onto his shoulder, and brought him back to their company’s trench. As the two of them tumbled in together to the bottom of the trench, the officer checked the wounded soldier,then looked kindly at his friend. “I told you it woundn’t be worth it,” he said. “Your friendis dead, and you are mortally wounded.”

“It was worth it, though, sir,” the soldier said.

“How do you mean ‘ worth it’? ” responded the Lieutenant. “Your friend is dead!”

“Yes sir, ” the private answered. “But it was worth it because when I got to him, he was still alive, and I had the satisfaction of hearing him say, ‘Jim, I knew you’d come.’”

Many a time in life, whether a thing is worth doing or not really depends on how you look at it.

Take up all your courage and do something your heart tells you to do so that you may not regret not doing it later in life

评分人数

• tingroom

Lives are full of choices and contradictions, and pls do look inside your heart and try to get the most presious one.
Sensibility can help you make a judgment but it is not definitely right. So don’t make a decision at the price of your heart.

评分人数

• tingroom

yeah,i agree with you,just follow your heart. 2# sweet.lan

3# halo
many thanks!

good story

返回列表