听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日音乐欣赏】 » A Setting Sun -- Grand Archives
返回列表 发帖

A Setting Sun -- Grand Archives

Though they never broke beyond a small cult audience, Seattle indie folk band Carissa's Wierd (yes, that's how they spelled it) in retrospect seem like an early indicator for the wave of largely acoustic bands partially inspired by British and American folk-rock of the '60s and '70s, from Joanna Newsom to the Decemberists. Splitting suddenly in 2003 after an eight-year tenure, the group splintered into several factions. Singer Jenn Ghetto started the lo-fi D.I.Y. project S, drummer Sera Cahoone opted for an alt-country solo career, and guitarists Mat Brooke and Ben Bridwell formed the indie rock outfit Band of Horses. Following the release of their Sub Pop debut Everything All the Time, Brooke left Band of Horses (which was primarily Bridwell's project) to form his own band. At first called simply "Archives," but quickly renamed Grand Archives, Brooke's new band featured himself on guitar and vocals, backed with bassist Jeff Montano (the New Mexicans), guitarist Curtis Hall (the Jeunes), multi-instrumentalist Ron Lewis (who maintains a solo career under the name Ghost Stories) and drummer Thomas Wright. With a sound inspired in part by '70s acts like Crosby, Stills Nash & Young and the Eagles (all five members sing), Grand Archives made their live debut in Seattle in the spring of 2007, opening for Brooke's former bandmate Cahoone. They subsequently toured with Modest Mouse while preparing their self-titled debut album for Sub Pop, which the label released in February 2008.

西雅图的华盛顿以很多东西闻名于世,其中不包含阳光。这张来自翡翠城的五人乐队Grand Archives的首张同名专辑却充满着明亮光泽和温暖——阴沉的时候不需要配上同样阴沉的音乐。

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

make me easy this song

好熟悉的吉他的声音....听起来轻松多了

回复 5# 簿子酒

I'm glad you like it

回复 6# kobe

easy to ease

返回列表