听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » [12-14]英语小故事:说谎的人The Impostor
返回列表 发帖

[12-14]英语小故事:说谎的人The Impostor

不要许下力所不能及的愿望。

Do not promise more than you can perform.

A certain man fell ill, and, being in a very bad way, he made a vow that he would sacrifice a hundred oxen to the gods if they would grant him a return to health. Wishing to see how he would keep his vow, they caused him to recover in a shout time,

Now he hadn’t an ox in the world, so he made a hundred little oxen out of tallow and offered them up on an altar, at the same time saying, ”Ye gods, I call you to witness that I have discharged my vow.”

The gods determined to be even with him, so they sent him a dream, in which he was bidden to go to the seashore and fetch a hundred crowns which he was to find there. Hastening in great excitement to the shore, he fell in with a band of robbers, who seized him and carried him off to sell as a slave: and when they sold him a hundred crowns was the sum he fetched.

回复 1# kobe

有个人状况非常严重,他向众神发誓,如果能恢复健康,他一定会供奉一百头牛给众神。众神想要看看他是否能遵守诺言,很快便让他痊愈了。他其实根本没有一百头牛,于是,就用酥油做成了一百头小牛,放到供台上供奉给众神,同时嘴里还说着:“众神灵,我请你们来见证,我已经还清了自己许下的愿。

”众神决定要报复他,便带他到一个梦境,在梦里,他被命令到海边去,在哪里他将找到一百个银元。他带着激动的心情赶忙跑到海边,可是却遇上了一群强盗,强盗抓住他并将他卖了去当奴隶,而卖他所得的钱正好是一百个银元,也就是他要取的总数目。

crowns 是银元的意思啊??  谢谢!!!

返回列表