Now the wolves is knocking at my door, bang-banging, ask for more
Stand here and stand tall, we could move beyond these walls
And I don't need your counsel, and I don't need these city streets
And I don't need the good advice, 'cause we can move beyond it now

You don't have my number, we don't need each other now
Who create all the culture you don't have my lover's touch
'Cause I feel, I feel alive, I feel, I feel alive
I feel that the streets are now far from here

Do you even hear me? Do you even know my name?
Can you see the ocean there, you don't have my lover's touch
You don't have my number, you don't have my number
I wonder can you hear me? Are you even listening now?

'Cause you don't have my number, we don't need each other now
And you're passing my number 'cause you don't have my lover's touch
'Cause you don't have my number and I don't need no one now
And I don't need the city streets who create all the culture now

Foals是由主唱/吉他手Yannis Philippakis、吉他手Jimmy Smith、贝斯手Walter Gervers、鼓手Jack Bevan、键盘手Edwin Congreave这五位20岁出头年轻小伙子所组成的乐团,在英国家乡牛津相识,相谈甚欢下进而组起乐团来,只因为都未曾创作过舞曲曲风的作品,所以就决定以尝试此为出发目标,也因为投身创作,就读牛津大学的Yannis和Edwin不惜休学,其中只有团员Jimmy完成大学学业。

Formed in Oxford, England, by longtime friends Yannis Philippakis (guitar) and Jack Bevan (drums), along with Andrew Mears on vocals, guitarist Jimmy Smith, and bassist Walter Gervers, Foals -- whose name is a play on the etymology of Philippakis' name -- began as a way to protest against the proggier sounds that were both popular in Oxford and in Philippakis and Bevan's former band, the Edmund Fitzgerald. After releasing the single "Try This on Your Piano" in 2006, Mears left Foals in order to more fully concentrate on his other group, Youthmovies (formerly Youthmovie Soundtrack Strategies), and Philippakis -- who had lived until he was seven in a tiny Grecian village -- added the role of lead vocals to his guitar-playing duties. Edwin Congreave, a fellow Oxford student the frontman had met when they were both working at the same bar and who introduced the group to techno, soon joined in on keyboards, despite the fact he had never played the instrument before -- nor ever been in a band -- and the full lineup of Foals was completed. The quintet worked on perfecting its poppy, jittery, upbeat, math rock/post-punk sound by playing house parties around the area, and soon the group was signed to Transgression Records, who released the singles "Hummer" and "Mathletics" in April and August of 2007, respectively. Foals picked up quite a buzz in the U.K., and in June 2007 they went to New York to record their debut album under the guidance of producer and TV on the Radio guitarist Dave Sitek. The sessions went well, but the bandmembers ended up not being happy with the final mix, choosing instead to remix it themselves, and issuing the full-length, Antidotes -- which, incidentally, included neither "Hummer" nor "Mathletics" -- in March of 2008, while Sub Pop picked up the album in the U.S. and gave it an April release, adding the two neglected singles as bonus tracks.

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

You don't have my number

回复 6# kobe

if u want ,i'll...

回复 8# hellow

my pleasure

返回列表