1. Where did Doug and Diane first meet?
A. at school
B. at a restaurant
C. at a party

2. How did he know where she lived?
A. He asked a friend for directions.
B. He followed her home.
C. He looked her up in the phone book.

3. Where does Doug invite her to go with him on Thursday?
A. to a restaurant
B. to a theater
C. to a dance

4. What is Diane's response to his invitation on Thursday?
A. She can't go out because she has to study.
B. She is sorry, but she has another date.
C. She has to work that day, so she can't go.

5. How does Diane feel about Doug's idea for Friday?
A. She thinks if would be a great idea if she had the time.
B. She feels that it would be uninteresting outing.
C. She has done the activity before, so she'd rather not go.
答案回复可见:
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

填空题

Doug: Uh, hi there Diane. Nah, okay. Uh . . . Hi, what's (1), Di? Okay, here we go. . .

[doorbell ringing ]

Diane: Uh, hi. It's David, right?

Doug: No, Doug. Remember? We met at Gary's party last (2) night.

Diane: Oh, yeah. Now I remember. You were standing all alone . . . uh, oh, I . . . I mean . . . I mean, you . . . you know. We started (3) about school and stuff. [Yeah, yeah.]. Uh, how did you know I lived here?

Doug: Well, I just live around the corner, and I asked Gary if he knew how I could (4) you, and . . .

Diane: And?

Doug: Well, I was just wondering if you'd like to go out this Thursday night. [Oh.]. Well, there's this real great movie playing (5) at the theater, [Uh . . .] and I thought . . . Well . . . well, we can't use my car 'cause I was in an accident with this wild man driving this BMW, so I've already checked the bus schedule, and . . .

Diane: Uh-hem [Well], Well, David [No Doug! Remember?] Oh yeah. Doug. I'm sorry, but I have to (6) that evening.

Doug: Oh really? Well, I thought you said before that you quit your job.

Diane: Well, I did, but I found a new one.

Doug: Uh, well, how about this Friday night? We could have (7) and then see that movie.

Diane: A movie? How boring!

Doug: Well, well, uh, well. A movie? Yeah, for . . . forget a movie.

Diane: Anyway, I'm (8) I have to cook dinner for my family, and . . .

Doug: Hey, I love to cook. We could whip something up together! I mean, it would be great!

Diane: I don't think that's a good idea. It's just a family (9) and . . .

Doug: Well, hey, are you free this Saturday night? I have two tickets to the football game, and I thought . . .

Diane: Sure. I'd love to go. [Okay!] I've wanted to see a game all year. [Yeah!] My roommate will be so surprised when she finds out I have a ticket for her, and . . .

Doug: Well, but . . .

Diane: Oh [car screeching . . . ] . . . and here's my brother! He's a defensive lineman on the team.

Doug: Well, he doesn't look too happy.

Diane: Ah, he's a teddy bear, but hasn't been the same since someone ran into his BMW.

Doug: Oh. Let me guess. Red, right?

Diane: Right. [Oh] And, it's just that he's a little (10)of me since I am his baby sister.

Doug: Hey, well, it's been really nice talking to you, but I have to run. Hey. Here are the tickets. Have a great time and, by the way, can I go out your back door?

答案回复可见:
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

参考文本

Doug: Uh, hi there Diane. Nah, okay. Uh . . . Hi, what's up, Di? Okay, here we go. . .
[doorbell ringing ]

Diane: Uh, hi. It's David, right?

Doug: No, Doug. Remember? We met at Gary's party last Friday night.

Diane: Oh, yeah. Now I remember. You were standing all alone . . . uh, oh, I . . . I mean . . . I mean, you . . . you know. We started talking about school and stuff. [Yeah, yeah.]. Uh, how did you know I lived here?

Doug: Well, I just live around the corner, and I asked Gary if he knew how I could contact you, and . . .

Diane: And?

Doug: Well, I was just wondering if you'd like to go out this Thursday night. [Oh.]. Well, there's this real great movie playing downtown at the theater, [Uh . . .] and I thought . . . Well . . . well, we can't use my car 'cause I was in an accident with this wild man driving this BMW, so I've already checked the bus schedule, and . . .

Diane: Uh-hem [Well], Well, David [No Doug! Remember?] Oh yeah. Doug. I'm sorry, but I have to work that evening.

Doug: Oh really? Well, I thought you said before that you quit your job.

Diane: Well, I did, but I found a new one.

Doug: Uh, well, how about this Friday night? We could have dinner and then see that movie.

Diane: A movie? How boring!

Doug: Well, well, uh, well. A movie? Yeah, for . . . forget a movie.

Diane: Anyway, I'm afraid I have to cook dinner for my family, and . . .

Doug: Hey, I love to cook. We could whip something up together! I mean, it would be great!

Diane: I don't think that's a good idea. It's just a family occasion and . . .

Doug: Well, hey, are you free this Saturday night? I have two tickets to the football game, and I thought . . .

Diane: Sure. I'd love to go. [Okay!] I've wanted to see a game all year. [Yeah!] My roommate will be so surprised when she finds out I have a ticket for her, and . . .

Doug: Well, but . . .

Diane: Oh [car screeching . . . ] . . . and here's my brother! He's a defensive lineman on the team.

Doug: Well, he doesn't look too happy.

Diane: Ah, he's a teddy bear, but hasn't been the same since someone ran into his BMW.

Doug: Oh. Let me guess. Red, right?

Diane: Right. [Oh] And, it's just that he's a little protective of me since I am his baby sister.

Doug: Hey, well, it's been really nice talking to you, but I have to run. Hey. Here are the tickets. Have a great time and, by the way, can I go out your back door?

Key Vocabulary

whip something up (verb): prepare quickly
- Let's whip something up for tonight's party. A few games and some snacks should be fine.
lineman (noun): a player in the front line of a team
One of the lineman from their team is very big, but quick, on the field.

cabcb

回复 1# tingroom

感谢楼主的无私奉献

CABCB

回复 1# tingroom

great hearing let me watch the answer

返回列表