听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » [2-11]英语故事:天使的故事
返回列表 发帖

[2-11]英语故事:天使的故事

Two travelling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family. The familywas rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion's guestroom.

两个旅行中的天使到一个富有的家庭借宿。这家人对他们并不友好,并且拒绝让他们在舒适的客人卧室过夜,

Instead the angels were given a small space in the cold basement. As they made their bed onthe hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it.
而是在冰冷的地下室给他们找了一个角落。当他们铺床时,较老的天使发现墙上有一个洞,就顺手把它修补好了。

When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied, "things aren't always what theyseem."
年轻的天使问为什么,老天使答到:“有些事并不象它看上去那样。”

The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmerand his wife.
第二晚,两人又到了一个非常贫穷的农家借宿。

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good night's rest.
主人夫妇俩对他们非常热情,把仅有的一点点食物拿出来款待客人,然后又让出自己的床铺给两个天使。

When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears.
第二天一早,两个天使发现农夫和他的妻子在哭泣--他们唯一的生活来源,一头奶牛死了。

Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field. The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel how could you have let this happen? The first man had everything, yet you helped him, she accused. The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and you let the cow die.
年轻的天使非常愤怒,他质问老天使为什么会这样,第一个家庭什么都有,老天使还帮助他们修补墙洞,第二个家庭尽管如此贫穷还是热情款待客人,而老天使却没有阻止奶牛的死亡。

"Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied. "when we stayed in the basement of the mansion, i noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall.
“有些事并不象它看上去那样。”老天使答道,“当我们在地下室过夜时,我从墙洞看到墙里面堆满了金块。

Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, i sealed the wall so he wouldn't find it."
因为主人被贪欲所迷惑,不愿意分享他的财富,所以我把墙洞填上了,他也就再也找不到这些黄金了。

"Then last night as we slept in the farmers bed, the angel of death came for his wife. I gave him the cow instead. Things aren't always what they seem."
“昨天晚上,死亡之神来召唤农夫的妻子,我让奶牛代替了她。所以有些事并不象它看上去那样。”

返回列表