听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语听写】 » 英语听力选择填空题(中级):College Scholarships
返回列表 发帖

英语听力选择填空题(中级):College Scholarships

1. The student said he couldn't take the test because the bus ________.
A. had an accident on the highway
B. was lagging behind schedule
C. had a hard time due to bad weather

2. What was the real reason why he didn't make it to class?
A. He was asleep at home.
B. He was playing video games in bed.
C. He was still eating breakfast.

3. What is the program's policy for missing a test?
A. Students can take the test at a later date for half credit.
B. Students cannot make up a test for unapproved reasons.
C. Students can take tests if they submit a doctor's note.

4. Which concern did the student NOT mention about not passing the class?
A. His girlfriend will leave him unless he pulls up his grades.
B. The man might lose financial support to pay for his education.
C. He fears that his parents will feel upset by his actions.

5. What message is the teacher trying to get across to the student?
A. Students should select their classes based on their schedules.
B. Students need to accept accountability for their choices.
C. Students ought to get more support from their parents.

答案回复可见:
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

对照文本

Student: Oh, Mrs. Smith. Can I take the test now? I just . . ., oh.
Mrs. Smith: Excuse me? What do you mean? The test ended 10 minutes ago, and you weren't there to take it. Sorry.

Student: Oh, Mrs. Smith. Come on. Come on. That's not fair.

Mrs. Smith: What do you mean it's not fair. Everyone else was there. So, why weren't you in class?

Student: Uh, my bus didn't come this morning on time. That's why.

Mrs. Smith: Um. Are you sure? Your friend, Tony, made it to class, and he said you were still in bed an hour ago.

Student: Uhh, yeah, well, that might be true, but I really need to take the test.

Mrs. Smith: Wait. Don't you realize that you just lied to me?

Student: Uh, well, listen. Mrs. Smith. Listen. My alarm didn't go off this morning, so it's not my fault I came late.

Mrs. Smith: So, you're blaming your alarm clock again? It's still your responsibility to be here. Wasn't that your excuse the last two times you missed class?

Student: But Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Smith.

Mrs. Smith: Listen. You know the policy of our program. If you miss a test for an unexcused reason . . . and a lie is definitely unexcused, then you get a zero on the test. There are no exceptions.

Student: Mrs. Smith. Why don't you want to help me? You never help me. I mean I really need to pass this class.

Mrs. Smith: No, no. no. Listen to yourself. You're playing what we call the victim. You made some bad choices, and now you have to accept the consequences. Remember: When you point your finger at someone else, like me in this case, three fingers are pointing back at you.

Student: But Mrs. Smith. I lose my scholarship if I do poorly in the class; my parents will be really disappointed in me.

Mrs. Smith: I'm really sorry, but that's not my problem. [Oh, Mrs. Smith!] I can't help you with that. Don't try to shift the blame here. [Mrs. Smith!] You painted yourself into a corner. You need to be accountable for your own actions instead of trying to weasel out of your responsibility. While you aren't doing well in my class though, I must say I almost have to give you an A grade for trying to dodge the outcome of your bad choices.

Student: Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Smith.

Mrs. Smithisten. You are learning one thing.

Student: What?

Mrs. Smith:My name.

Student: Agh.

Key Vocabulary

come on (idiom): used when do not believe what someone is saying
- Come on! Tuition at that college isn't that expensive, is it?
make it (idiom): get somewhere on time
- Why didn't you make it to class the other day?
consequence (noun): something that happens as a result of a person's actions or choices
- My roommate has to accept the consequences of his poor grades.
blame shift (also, shift blame) (verb): transfer the responsibility of a mistake or problem from one person to another
- If you do poorly in school, don't try to shift the blame to your roommates who play video games all night. You are responsible for your own progress.
paint yourself into a corner (idiom): do something to put yourself into a difficult situation
- Okay. So, you didn't study, you didn't go to class, you didn't take things seriously, and now the school isn't going to continue your scholarship. It looks like you've really painted yourself into a corner.
weasel out of something (idiom): get out of doing something
- He tried to weasel out of taking the class again by giving the teacher gifts, but it didn't work.

BABAB

回复 2# tingroom

let's me see the answer

answer

babab

answers, come on

i never got College Scholarships

返回列表