听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语新闻】 » 英国男子在自家后院建霍比特人洞穴
返回列表 发帖

英国男子在自家后院建霍比特人洞穴

A British man has figured out a way to bring some movie magic to his own backyard.

英国贝德福德一名男子阿什利·耶茨受《指环王》小说的影响,在自家后院建造出一个霍比特人洞穴。

Ashley Yeates, a 30-year-old gardening and construction expert from Bedford, England, constructed a hobbit hole in his garden, modeled after the famous digs of Bilbo Baggins.

"It was around the time that the first 'Hobbit' film was due to be released," Yeates told the Daily News. "I'd made previous smaller hideaways and I started thinking about taking it to the next level. I like just building things that are going to shock people."

Yeates made the hobbit hole without a blueprint, drawing on his knowledge of the "Lord of the Rings" books by J.R.R. Tolkien.

"I had one tiny sketch of bits and bobs, but it came from a vision in my head," Yeates said. "There was no direct research, really. Though, of course, we had watched the films."

The completed hobbit hole can comfortably fit three adults. But when Yeates unveiled the project at a party over the summer, the neighborhood children didn't mind squishing a bit.

"There were about 10 kids in there, running in and out," Yeates said. "They loved it so much."

The project was so successful that Yeates is hoping to build another one.

"I noticed the real hobbit holes go inwards into a hill rather than downwards. If I did get a commission for another one, it would be spectacular," Yeates said. "There could be multiple rooms, all kinds of things. I'd very much like to make another one. "

Hear that, hobbit fans? Your next home project could make Gandalf proud.

更多英语新闻

返回列表