听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语听写】 » 英语听力选择填空题(中级):New York Travel
返回列表 发帖

英语听力选择填空题(中级):New York Travel

1. What time does the plane depart?
A. 6:00 AM
B. 7:30 AM
C. 9:00 AM

2. How will the group get to the hotel from the airport?
A. They will take taxis.
B. They will ride the subway.
C. They will be going by bus.

3. About what time does the hotel restaurant open?
A. 6:00 AM
B. 7:00 AM
C. 8:00 AM

4. What is the group planning to do around Times Square for about an hour?
A. They're going to have lunch.
B. They will have time to do some shopping.
C. They will be having a tour of the area.

5. What are they going to do after dinner?
A. The group is going to watch a musical.
B. They will catch an exciting movie.
C. They will be attending a broadway play.

答案回复可见:
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

对照文本

Okay, everyone. I want to review the first two days of our travel itinerary for the trip. Okay, yeah, please take out the paper that I handed out earlier. Okay. Uh. First of all, we have been very fortunate to have been able to purchase discount tickets to cover most of the transportation costs and scheduling (scheduled) activities. And I want to also thank the, uh, group of parents who, uh, worked very hard in order to, uh, raise funding, uh, through different businesses in the community. I really appreciate that.
Uh, let's see. Okay, everyone should meet at the airport at 6:00 a.m. This will give you time to check in and get through security. Our plane departs at 9:00.

Uh, our plane arrives in New York at 3:00 p.m, and we will take a bus from the airport to the hotel. We've been able to get great rates on this hotel because we're staying on a weekday instead of the weekend.

In the morning, for any of you who like to get exercise, we will be meeting in the lobby around 6:00 a.m. to go jogging around Central Park for about 45 minutes, and we'll get back to the hotel about the time when the restaurant opens, so you'll enough time to grab a quick breakfast before we leave the hotel at 8:00. We'll be taking a ferry ride to Ellis Island and then to Liberty Island to visit the Statue of Liberty. I mean, this is something that you really can't miss, and later, we will go to Times Square where you can have lunch on your own for about an hour from about 1 to 2.

Later in the afternoon, you have the choice of visiting the Empire State Building or the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Either one of these is . . . are great*, and we have some great, uh, group discounts. Uh, we will meet back at the hotel at 6:00 p.m., and we'll have dinner at a very nice Italian restaurant downtown, and then we'll catch an exciting broadway musical around 8:30 p.m.

Uh, any questions?

*"Either" generally takes a singular verb as in "Either of the students is available to help the teacher after school."

Key Vocabulary
itinerary (noun): plan
- I printed twenty copies of the trip itinerary for the students.
fortunate (adjective): lucky
- I think we are very fortunate to have this chance to travel.
cover (verb): be enough money to pay for something
- Be sure to bring enough extra money to cover your food expenses.
depart (verb): leave
- Do you know when the plane departs tomorrow?
jog (verb): run at a slow speed (also, "go jogging")
- I like to jog everyday after work.
- My mom and dad go jogging together to get exercise.
ferry (noun): a boat for carrying people and cars
- They took a ferry to the beautiful island.
catch (verb): watch
- We wanted to catch the musical last night, but it was all sold out, so we caught a movie instead.

i've never been there, oh,my

返回列表