听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语听写】 » 英语听力选择填空题(高级)-Car Repairs
返回列表 发帖

英语听力选择填空题(高级)-Car Repairs

1. What one possible problem was NOT mentioned about the man's car?
A. a stopped-up fuel line
B. a grimy carburetor
C. a bad accelerator

2. Why can't the car's problem be diagnosed very easily?
A. The mechanic is not available to assess the problem.
B. The car is an older model that the mechanic hasn't seen before.
C. The mechanic doesn't have the proper tools to check the problem.

3. Today, how much would labor be per hour for the car owner in this conversation?
A. $50
B. $75
C. $125

4. Why will it be so expensive for the man to get his car fixed?
A. His car will require extensive repairs that will take a lot of time.
B. Special custom-made parts must be ordered from out of town.
C. He must pay higher fees because he isn't a resident of that area.

5. What day is it in the conversation?
A. Friday
B. Saturday
C. Sunday

答案回复可见:
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

填空题

Mechanic: What can we do for you today?

Car Owner: Uh, hi. Yes, I'm having a problem with my car, and it doesn't seem to run right. I mean every time I start it up, the engine runs for a minute or so, (1) like it isn't getting enough gas, and then dies.

Mechanic: Hmmm. Okay. Let's open the (2), and let's take a look . . . Okay, start her up.

(Engine starting . . .]

Okay, Okay. Shut her off. Hmmm. [So . . .] Let me look at the book here . . . [It] sounds like a possible (3)line, a dirty carburetor, bad alternator, or even a weak battery.

Car Owner: So, which one is it?

Mechanic: Uhh. Difficult to say. Let me try this . . . Uh, alright . . . You need to talk to the mechanic.

Car Owner: The mechanic! So, who are you?

Mechanic: Well, I'm the (4), and I've only been here on the job for two days.

Car Owner: So, why didn't you tell me that in the first place? I mean, I wouldn't have (5) all this time!

Mechanic: You didn't ask.

Car Owner: Okay, so how much is it going to cost?

Mechanic: Ah. Difficult to say. [That's what you said about the last thing!] Are you a local or from out of town?

Car Owner: I'm just passing through, and this is the only place for miles. [Yeah, that's right.] Man, can't you see my license (6)? [Sure did!]

Mechanic: Okay. The out-of-town rate. Let's see. Okay, here we go. If it's a fuel line, that'll be $100 . . . No, no, That's the local rate. Here, $200 for the pre-screening check, $150 for parts, plus or minus $100, and $75 an hour for labor. Oh, oh yeah. Today's a holiday, so labor is actually $50 more per hour.

Car Owner: Huh? Those prices are (7), and what holiday is it today?

Mechanic: Oh, it's the local pumpkin festival.

Car Owner: Ah, come on. I can't believe this. Of all my luck, my car (8) down in an out-of-the-way town [That's right.], and it'll cost an arm and a leg to get my car fixed.

Mechanic: Ah, we'll take care of you. Just bring the car back on Tuesday so Mike, our mechanic, can take a look at your car.

Car Owner: Why not today? It's only 11:00 a.m.!

Mechanic: Ahh, we close at 11:30 a.m. on holidays, and we're closed tomorrow and Sunday, and we're closed the following day as well.

Car Owner: I can't wait that long! I need my car (9) now.

Mechanic: Well, next week is the best we can do, but you can talk to Mike at the Pumpkin Festival.This town will (10) on you. [Ah, man!]

参考答案:
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

参考文本

Mechanic: What can we do for you today?
Car Owner: Uh, hi. Yes, I'm having a problem with my car, and it doesn't seem to run right. I mean every time I start it up, the engine runs for a minute or so, sputters like it isn't getting enough gas, and then dies.

Mechanic: Hmmm. Okay. Let's open the hood, and let's take a look . . . Okay, start her up.

[Engine starting . . .]

Okay, Okay. Shut her off. Hmmm. [So . . .] Let me look at the book here . . . [It] sounds like a possible fuel line, a dirty carburetor, bad alternator, or even a weak battery.

Car Owner: So, which one is it?

Mechanic: Uhh. Difficult to say. Let me try this . . . Uh, alright . . . You need to talk to the mechanic.

Car Owner: The mechanic! So, who are you?

Mechanic: Well, I'm the assistant, and I've only been here on the job for two days.

Car Owner: So, why didn't you tell me that in the first place? I mean, I wouldn't have wasted all this time!

Mechanic: You didn't ask.

Car Owner: Okay, so how much is it going to cost?

Mechanic: Ah. Difficult to say. [That's what you said about the last thing!] Are you a local or from out of town?

Car Owner: I'm just passing through, and this is the only place for miles. [Yeah, that's right.] Man, can't you see my license plate? [Sure did!]

Mechanic: Okay. The out-of-town rate. Let's see. Okay, here we go. If it's a fuel line, that'll be $100 . . . No, no, That's the local rate. Here, $200 for the pre-screening check, $150 for parts, plus or minus $100, and $75 an hour for labor. Oh, oh yeah. Today's a holiday, so labor is actually $50 more per hour.

Car Owner: Huh? Those prices are outrageous, and what holiday is it today?

Mechanic: Oh, it's the local pumpkin festival.

Car Owner: Ah, come on. I can't believe this. Of all my luck, my car breaks down in an out-of-the-way town [That's right.], and it'll cost an arm and a leg to get my car fixed.

Mechanic: Ah, we'll take care of you. Just bring the car back on Tuesday so Mike, our mechanic, can take a look at it.

Car Owner: Why not today? It's only 11:00 a.m.!

Mechanic: Ahh, we close at 11:30 a.m. on holidays, and we're closed tomorrow and Sunday, and we're closed the following day as well.

Car Owner: I can't wait that long! I need my car repaired now.

Mechanic: Well, next week is the best we can do, but you can talk to Mike at the Pumpkin Festival.This town will grow on you. [Ah, man!]

Key Vocabulary [Top]

sputter (verb): make consecutive explosive noises
- My car tends to sputter a lot in cold weather when I start it up.
carburetor (noun): part of the engine that mixes air with gasoline vapor before combustion
- The carburetor needs to be fixed or replaced.
alternator (noun): a generator that produces electrical current
- There must be a problem with the alternator in my old truck.
outrageous (adjective): very expensive
- The cost of repairing the old car would have been outrageous, so that I decided to buy a new one instead.
out-of-the-way (adjective): remote or far from populated areas
- We took a trip to an out-of-the-way ghost town during our vacation.
cost an arm and a leg (idiom): be very expensive, outrageous
- It cost me an arm and a leg to fix the damage to my sports car.

返回列表