听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语听写】 » 英语听力选择填空题(高级)-Hotel Check-In
返回列表 发帖

英语听力选择填空题(高级)-Hotel Check-In

1. What is the first problem with the man's reservation?
A. The hotel confused him with another guest.
B. Rooms are overbooked for that evening.
C. There are no more rooms available for five people.
D. The price for the room is more than he expected.

2. For what day did Mr. Nelson make a hotel reservation?
A. the eighteenth
B. the nineteenth
C. the twentieth
D. the twenty-first

3. What is taking place in the city that makes getting another room almost impossible?
A. a marathon
B. an outdoor music festival
C. a conference
D. building renovation

4. How much is the initial discount on the honeymoon suite after Mr. Nelson complains about the hotel service?
A. $10
B. $15
C. $20
D. $25

5. How does Mr. Nelson respond when the hotel clerk offers to provide him with a free room on his next visit?
A. He thinks it will take a long time for him to receive the free coupon for the room.
B. He feels he should first receive an apology from the manager for what has happened.
C. He suggests that the hotel should give guests an additional 15% discount in cases like his.
D. He implies that he might not visit again because of the problems he has had.

答案回复可见:
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Guest: Hi. I have a (1) for tonight.

Hotel Clerk: And your name?

Guest: It's Nelson. Charles Nelson. Hotel Clerk: Okay. Mr. Nelson. That's a room for five, and . . .

Guest: Excuse me? You mean a room for five dollars? I didn't know the special was so good.

Hotel Clerk: No, no, no. According to our records, a room for five guests was (2) under your name.

Guest: No. No. Hold on. There must be some (3).

Hotel Clerk: Okay. Let's check this again. Okay, Mr. Charles C. Nelson for tonight . . .

Guest: Ah. There's the problem. My name is Charles Nelson, not Charles C. Nelson. [Uhh] You must have two (4)under the name.

Hotel Clerk: Okay. Let me check this again. Oh. Okay. Here we are.

Guest: Yeah.

Hotel Clerk: Charles Nelson. A room for one for the 19th . . .

Guest: Wait, wait! It was for tonight. Not tomorrow night.

Hotel Clerk: Hum. Hum. I don't think we have any rooms for tonight. There's a (5) going on in town, and uh, let's see. Yeah, no rooms.

Guest: Ah come on! You must have something. Anything.

Hotel Clerk: Well. We do have some rooms under (6) with just a roll-a-way bed. [U-hh] None of the normal (7) like a TV or working shower or toilet.

Guest: Ah man. Come on. There must be something else.

Hotel Clerk: Well. Let, let me check my computer here. Ah!

Guest: What?

Hotel Clerk: There has been a (8) for this evening. A honeymoon suite is now available.

Guest: Great. I'll take it.

Hotel Clerk: But I'll have to charge you two hundred fifty dollars for the night.

Guest: Ah. Man. I should get a discount for the (9).

Hotel Clerk: Well. The best I can give you is a ten percent discount plus a ticket for a free continental breakfast.

Guest: Hey. Isn't the breakfast free anyway?

Hotel Clerk: Well, only on weekends.

Guest: I want to talk to the manager.

Hotel Clerk: Wait, wait, wait Mr. Nelson. I think I can give you an additional 15 percent (10) and I'll throw in a free room for the next time you visit us.

Guest: That I'll be a long time.
答案回复可见:
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

对照文本

Guest: Hi. I have a reservation for tonight.
Hotel Clerk: And your name?

Guest: It's Nelson. Charles Nelson. Hotel Clerk: Okay. Mr. Nelson. That's a room for five, and . . .

Guest: Excuse me? You mean a room for five dollars? I didn't know the special was so good.

Hotel Clerk: No, no, no. According to our records, a room for five guests was booked under your name.

Guest: No. No. Hold on. There must be some mistake.

Hotel Clerk: Okay. Let's check this again. Okay, Mr. Charles C. Nelson for tonight . . .

Guest: Ah. There's the problem. My name is Charles Nelson, not Charles C. Nelson. [Uhh] You must have two guests under the name.

Hotel Clerk: Okay. Let me check this again. Oh. Okay. Here we are.

Guest: Yeah.

Hotel Clerk: Charles Nelson. A room for one for the 19th . . .

Guest: Wait, wait! It was for tonight. Not tomorrow night.

Hotel Clerk: Hum. Hum. I don't think we have any rooms for tonight. There's a convention going on in town, and uh, let's see. Yeah, no rooms.

Guest: Ah come on! You must have something. Anything.

Hotel Clerk: Well. We do have some rooms under renovation with just a roll-a-way bed. [U-hh] None of the normal amenities like a TV or working shower or toilet.

Guest: Ah man. Come on. There must be something else.

Hotel Clerk: Well. Let, let me check my computer here. Ah!

Guest: What?

Hotel Clerk: There has been a cancellation for this evening. A honeymoon suite is now available.

Guest: Great. I'll take it.

Hotel Clerk: But I'll have to charge you two hundred fifty dollars for the night.

Guest: Ah. Man. I should get a discount for the inconvenience.

Hotel Clerk: Well. The best I can give you is a ten percent discount plus a ticket for a free continental breakfast.

Guest: Hey. Isn't the breakfast free anyway?

Hotel Clerk: Well, only on weekends.

Guest: I want to talk to the manager.

Hotel Clerk: Wait, wait, wait Mr. Nelson. I think I can give you an additional 15 percent discount and I'll throw in a free room for the next time you visit us.

Guest: That I'll be a long time.

Key Vocabulary [Top]

book (verb): to reserve in advance, for example, a plane ticket or a hotel room
- You'll need to book a room at least a month in advance.
convention (noun): a large formal assembly or group of organized meetings held over several days
- Participants can receive a discount if they register early for the convention.
renovation (noun): the condition of being restored to its former good condition
- The convention center is under renovation to repair damage caused by the tornado.
amenities (noun): things that make one comfortable and at ease
- My son had a difficult time adapting to life in the wilderness because of the lack of amenities he was used to.

返回列表