听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 网友求助 » 谁来帮我下,谢谢
返回列表 发帖

谁来帮我下,谢谢

Passage 1        A couple living in our town had a lot of potted plants. During a recent cold spell, the wife brought them indoors to protect them from a possible freeze. A little green grass snake was hibernating in one of the plants. When it had warmed up, it crawled out and the wife saw it go under the sofa. She let out a very loud scream.        The husband, having just finished his shower, ran into the living room in his underwear to see what the problem was. She told him there was a snake under the sofa. He got down on his hands and knees to look for it. About that time the family dog came into the room and brushed its cold nose against his leg. He thought the snake had bitten him and he fainted. His wife thought he had a heart attack, so she called an ambulance. The attendants rushed in, loaded him on a stretcher, and started carrying him out.        Just then the snake came out from under the sofa. One Emergency Medical Technician saw it, and dropped his end of the stretcher just as they started down the stairs. This caused the husband to fall down the stairs, breaking his leg, so he ended up in the hospital. 1)
The woman's loud scream frightened the snake into striking.
  • T
  • F

2)
The husband was taking a bath when he heard his wife's cry.
  • T
  • F

3)
The husband fainted because he was bitten by a poisonous snake.
  • T
  • F

4)
The wife called an ambulance because she thought there was something wrong with her husband's heart.
  • T
  • F

5)
The Emergency Medical Technicians dropped the stretcher and broke the wife's leg.
  • T
  • F

Passage 2
        When the luxurious British ocean liner Titanic collided with an iceberg on April 14, 1912, most experts thought the sinking of the vessel resulted from massive damage to the ship's steel hull. But a recent expedition to the wreck site showed that it was the location, rather than the extent, of the damage that caused the ship to sink, killing more than 1500 people.
        In addition to examining the wreckage to find the actual damage to the hull, the expedition sought answers to several other questions. Among these were whether the ship broke apart on the surface, to what extent flaws in the steel used to build the Titanic's hull contributed to the disaster, and how long the wreck is likely to survive on the ocean floor. The expedition also attempted to raise a 28 square meters section of the Titanic's hull, but a storm and a broken rope sent the piece plunging back to the ocean bottom.
        Sonar experts, naval architects, a microbiologist, and historians of the shipwreck were among the experts accompanying the expedition, which took place in August 1996. A joint American and French expedition discovered the wreck of the Titanic in 1985, located about 150km south of the Grand Banks of Newfoundland and about 3800m beneath the surface of the North Atlantic Ocean. There have been seven expeditions to the site since then. But while these visits brought back haunting photographs and artifacts, none had ever been able to thoroughly assess the damage caused by the Titanic's collision with the iceberg.1)The wreck of the Titanic was first discovered in the year _______. 1912
2)The word “hull” in the first paragraph means _______. the body or frame of a ship
the propeller of a ship
the steering device of a ship
the watertight compartment of a ship
3)In the past, it was generally believed that the sinking of Titanic resulted from _______. structural flaws of the ship
the poor quality of steel used to build the hull
the severe damage caused by the collision
the location of the damage caused by the collision
4)According to the passage, the 1996 expedition succeeded in _______. determining the location of the damage to the hull
raising a part of the ship's hull from the bottom of the ocean
proving that the ship broke apart on surface
discovering numerous things on the ocean bottom
5)Which of the following statements is NOT mentioned in the passage? The sinking of Titanic was accompanied by a great loss of life.
One of the major purposes of the 1996 expedition was to bring the wreck of Titanic out from the ocean.
Titanic sank after it collided with a huge iceberg.
Titanic's wreck was located deep under the North Atlantic Ocean.

Passage 3
        Nearly any animal can be a pet. Even insects, such as crickets, are sometimes kept as pets. Endangered species, however, should not be considered as potential pets.
        Besides their value as loved and loving companions, pets serve utilitarian purposes, protecting homes and property, destroying vermin, and providing means of transportation. They may also serve as emotional outlets for the elderly or the childless. In addition, pets may be kept for their beauty or rarity or, in the case of birds, because of their songs.
        Today, pets are generally purchased from breeders, pet shops, or animal shelters rather than individually captured and tamed. The advantage of buying directly from an animal breeder is that the prospective owner can obtain information about a pet’s genetic history. Pet shops, however, offer a variety of animals to choose from, and because they do not depend on the sale of one particular species or breed, may offer more candid advice on the desirability of one type over another to fulfill specific needs. Private or civic shelters for abandoned animals or animals given up for adoption are also good places for acquiring pets of all descriptions. In any case, the healthiest — looking specimen should be sought, and a guarantee of good health for at least a 2-week period should be requested. A veterinarian should examine the pet before purchase if possible or immediately thereafter.
        When a pet is introduced into the home, it should be allowed time and space to adjust to its surroundings. A regular schedule of feeding and watering, cleaning, brushing, and exercise should be established, with specific areas provided for these routines.
1)According to the passage, a pet can do all the following except _______. provide means of transportation
protect the house
kill pests
provide treatment to sick people
2)In the passage, the author suggests but not directly states that _______. there are various ways to get a pet
humans used to capture animals and tame them to be their pets
raising a pet is a very simple and enjoyable thing to do
animals should only be kept as pets for emotional reasons
3)Which of the following is NOT mentioned as a means of getting pets? Purchase pets from pet shops.
Adopt pets from shelters of abandoned animals.
Adopt pets from animal hospitals.
Buy pets directly from animal breeders.
4)The underlined word “veterinarian” refers to _______. A doctor treating animals
An animal breeder
A scientist studying animals
A great animal lover
5)Which of the following is the best title for the passage? Pets Can Be Very Dear
Pets Need to Be Loved
Something to Know about Pets
Dog; Man's Best Friend

.Choose the best answer. (选择最恰当的答案)
The death notices tell us about the people_______ during the week in railway accident. have died
who have died
died
to die
2.The building _______is beautiful. where lights are on
which lights are on
whose lights are on
that lights are on
3.He still remembers the day _______. when he went to school
which he went to school
at which he went to school
which he went to school on
4.Evidence came up _______specific speech sounds are recognized by babies as young as 6 months old. when
in that
because
that
5.The organization had broken no rules, but _______ had it acted responsibly. neither
so
either
both
6._______, we got to the village. With the guide lead us
With the guide led us
With the guide leading us
We led by the guide
7.We don't want anything _______ about this. with people say
being said
with people said
said
8.Mercury differs from other industrial metals _______ it is a liquid. because of
in that
whereas
consequently
9.If you ask for help in the polite way, you _______succeed. never fail to
can never
don't never
can't not
10.Gorillas are quiet animals, _______ they are capable of making about 20 different sounds. which
whether
even though
as well as
11.The match _______ at 9 o'clock, but there was a delay. should not start
should start
should have started
should not have started
12.He didn't go to the party, but he does wish he _______there. would have
has been
would have been
had been
13.Realizing that he hadn't enough money and _______ to borrow from his father, he decided to sell his watch. not wanted
not wanting
not to want
wanting not
14.I will forward the email for you as soon as I have this computer _______. fix
fixed
being fixed
having been fixed
15._______ I met with difficulty, he came to my help. Whenever
Wherever
Until
Not until
16.It's a waste of time _______ with such a silly fellow. to trying reasoning
tried to reason
for trying to reason
trying to reason
17._______ there are 1,490 million people in China now. That the estimated
An estimate that
That is estimated
It is estimated that
18.The goals _______ he had fought all his life no longer seemed important to him. for which
after which
with which
at which
19.An investigation was made into the accident, _______fifty people were killed. where
in which
when
for that
20.Living in the central Australian desert has its problems, _______ obtaining water is not the least. for which
to which
of which
in which
21.Complete the sentences with the given clue in their proper forms. (用括号中所给提示完成下列句子,每空格限填一词)
The authorities are planning to launch a full-scale _______ into the crash. (调查)答案:
22.I'd _______ it if you let me get on with my job. (感激)答案:
23.This incident is deeply _______ for the government.  (窘迫)答案:
24.He waited for his girlfriend _______, feeling as though time were standing still. (patient)答案:
25.He finally agreed, but with _______. (reluctant)答案:
26.Even the smallest baby can _______ its mother by her voice. (identity)答案:
27.Dogs can be friendly and _______ towards humans. (affection)答案:
28.It is _______ to expect these changes to happen overnight. (realistic)答案:
29.The government issued an official _______ of the rumour. (deny)答案:
30.People seem to fail to take into _______ the fact that education does not end with graduation. (考虑)答案:
31.There is an error in the following sentence. Find and correct it. (下列句子中有一个单词不正确,请找出并改正,两个空格的答案间用“|”隔开)
All things considering, I think I ought to award the job to Smith.
_______改为_______答案:
32.There is an error in the following sentence. Find and correct it. (下列句子中有一个单词不正确,请找出并改正,两个空格的答案间用“|”隔开)
It is for he hasn't got the book that he doesn't know the story.
_______改为_______答案:
33.There is an error in the following sentence. Find and correct it. (下列句子中有一个单词不正确,请找出并改正,两个空格的答案间用“|”隔开)
You spend such much money on your mobile phone that you don't get enough money to buy a CD player.
_______改为_______答案:
34.There is an error in the following sentence. Find and correct it. (下列句子中有一个单词不正确,请找出并改正,两个空格的答案间用“|”隔开)
If I was you, I would change my job for a better one.
_______改为_______答案:
35.There is an error in the following sentence. Find and correct it. (下列句子中有一处错误,请改正,两个空格的答案间用“|”隔开)
I would rather you should come to the party tomorrow.
should come 改为_______答案:

没人帮忙吗

If I could ,I would help you

返回列表