听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语听写】 » 英语听力选择题(中级)
返回列表 发帖

英语听力选择题(中级)

Listen to the conversation by pressing the "Play Audio" button and answer the questions.

1. What does the girl do when painting pictures of trees?
A. She uses many different colors of paint.
B. She goes to the mountains to be surrounded by trees.
C. She climbs her grandfather's tree to concentrate on her work.
2. What aspect of trees is the girl referring to when she says that "it's" a glass of cool water on a hot day"?
A. the color
B. the feel
C. the smell

3. What is one thing the girl does NOT mention about climbing her grandfather's tree?
A. She likes to think and relax in the tree.
B. She enjoys eating the apples.
C. She likes to play games in the branches.

4. According to the girl, how do trees make life possible?
A. They produce oxygen so we can breathe.
B. They provide food and shelter for countless animal species.
C. They serve as an important energy source.

5. How does the beauty of trees make the girl feel according to her closing statement?
A. Trees make her feel a greater interest in protecting the environment.
B. The beauty of trees makes her want to study plants in the future.
C. The girl believes that trees help her become a better person.

答案回复可见:

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

听力原文:
I love trees because they are an important commodity to the environment. They make life possible on this planet, along with other plants. I also love the trees' glorious display of colors in the fall.
I love trees because they have many different shades of green, so many that it's almost impossible to count. When I paint a picture of a tree I use many shades of green and many more shades of brown. My favorite thing about trees is that they always seem to have a glow around them.

I love trees because they always smell so fresh and clean. I like to go to the nursery because I love the smell of trees, it's so refreshing. It's a glass of cool water on a hot day, or a damp cloth on a hot forehead.

I love to plant trees. I love to dig through the soil to make a hole in which the tree will rest. I love to place the tree in the ground, making sure not to disturb the roots which will be the tree's support. I love to water the trees. I love to pour the water on the trees knowing that it will grow.

One of my favorite things about trees is that they are fun to climb. I started climbing trees when I was very little. My dad taught me how to climb, along with some useful tips. I especially like to climb my grandpa's apple tree. I love to wind through the branches, and climb to a board that has been placed there. Once up, I like to think and relax, or bring a book up with me. It is fun to let my imagination run away with me while munching apples.

I love trees in the autumn when they display their beautiful colors. In the autumn time, splashes of red, yellow, orange, and green decorate the mountainside. The maples go red, the oak and aspen go yellow while the evergreens maintain their beautiful shade of green.

Trees make life possible because they use the carbon dioxide and release oxygen which makes it so that we can breathe. If we exterminate trees, the effects could be fatal. There may be global warming, lack of oxygen, and we would definitely not have any lumber or paper.

Trees are very important to the environment. The beauty of trees makes me feel peaceful, and inspires me to make the best of myself.

Key Vocabulary [Top]

commodity (noun): a product or useful thing ^
- Having your own small greenhouse to grow vegetables is a very popular commodity in some places.
nursery (noun): greenhouse, a place where plants are cultivated
- I went to the nursery today to buy some fruit trees.
damp (noun): a slight wetness
- The grass was a little damp this morning.
soil (noun): ground, dirt
- We added some new soil to the garden to prepare for planting.
disturb (vdrb): bother, upset
- Be very careful where you walk so you do not disturb the ground cover and wild flowers.
munch (verb): to eat and chew lightly
- The kids like to munch on carrots and pretend they are rabbits.
evergreens (noun): plants that do not lose their leaves and stay green throughout the year
- We have several nice evergreens in our backyard.
exterminate (verb): destroy, kill off
- The farmers were determined to exterminate the crickets eating their crops.
lumber (noun): wood from trees
- So much lumber is being harvested that deforestation has resulted in many areas.

返回列表