听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语新闻】 » 钟南山:中国治霾10年能见成效
返回列表 发帖

钟南山:中国治霾10年能见成效

It might take China a decade to tackle its notorious smog problem, said Zhong Nanshan, a deputy of the National People's Congress and a renowned respiratory expert specializing in pandemics.

全国人大代表、著名呼吸道疾病专家钟南山表示,中国治霾10年能见成效。

"Some experts said China might have to spend 30 years to fight the haze, like the lessons of London's Great Smog in 1952, but joint efforts nationwide might cut the time to 10 years," said Zhong at a news conference on Thursday in Beijing.

"A fresh breath of air requires both favorable meteorological conditions and nationwide effort."

According to research by Peking University on the improvement of air conditions during the 2008 Beijing Olympics, the shutdown of polluting plants and banning of vehicles with excessive emissions during the Games reduced air pollution by 30 percent and PM2.5, particulate matter with a diameter smaller than 2.5 microns, by 55 percent, said Zhong.

Residents' heart rates also decreased while the function of blood platelets improved and blood pressure lowered, he said.

"This proves that China could have blue skies," said Zhong.

Another proof was that Beijing was free of smog during the APEC meetings as emission-heavy production was halted and half of the cars across the capital were kept off the roads.

"I was in Beijing during the APEC meeting and I was reminded of some 60 years ago, when I first came to Beijing to study in 1955," said Zhong.

"Beijing was free of smog or any haze back then, thanks to fewer vehicles discharging pollutants."

Zhong said that to improve air conditions nationwide, China should cut down on the consumption of coal, use better quality fuel and find less-polluting methods for companies.
更多英语新

返回列表