听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月15日英语故事:The Eagle and the Bee
返回列表 发帖

6月15日英语故事:The Eagle and the Bee

read the story carefully and then write down what you get from the story to gain the score.

Seeing how a bee was busying itself about a flower,an eagle said to it,"How I pity you,poor thing,with all your hard work and skill!All through the summer,thousands of your fellows are moulding honeycomb in the hive.But who will afterwards separate and distinguish the results of your labour?To be frank to say,I do not understand what pleasure you can take from it.To labour all one's life and to have in view what?Why,to spend all one's life without being noticed,exactly like all the rest.What a difference there is between us!When I spread my wings and fly through the clouds,I am everywhere a cause of alarm.The birds dare not rise from the ground,the shepherds fear to hurdle themselves beside their flocks of sheep,and the quick deer,having seen me,dare not run as freely as usual."

But the bee replied,"May you have the glory and honour!May Jupiter continue to give you his gifts without end!I,however born to work for the common good,do not wand to show off my labour.But when I look at our honeycomb,I am pleased by the thought that there are in them a few drops of my own honey."

Lucky is he,the field of whose labour is noticed!He got added strength from the knowledge that the whole world sees his achievements.But how worth respecting he is,who hopes for neither fame nor honour in return for all his labour,for all his loss of rest and works for the common good!

老鹰和蜜蜂

一只老鹰看见一只蜜蜂在一朵花上采蜜,就对蜜蜂说:“可怜的东西,我真为你感到惋惜,你这样辛劳,而又富于技巧!可整整一个夏天,你成千上万的同胞在蜂房建造蜂窝,可此后又有谁来为每个蜜蜂论功行赏呢?坦率地说,我不明白你又能从中得到什么好处。一生劳碌,究竟图个啥?为什么要仿效其他蜜蜂,默默付出,了此一生。我们之间真是有天壤之别啊!我只要展开双翅,直冲云宵,普天下又有谁不惧怕?鸟不敢离地飞翔,牧羊人心有恐惧蜷缩在羊群身旁,那敏捷的鹿看见我也不敢像平常一样飞奔自如。”
    可蜜蜂回答说:“愿你一生荣耀!愿朱庇特神赐给你恩泽绵绵!可我生来就是一个为大众谋福利的人,并不想炫耀自己的付出。不过,当我看我们的蜂窝,想到其中也有我酿的几滴蜜汁,欣慰之情油然而生。”
    工作领域引人注目的人很幸运,他们知道世人目睹了自己的成就,就平添了更多的力量;但是,默默无闻的人又是那么值得尊重啊!对于自己付出的劳动和牺牲的休息,他们不谋求名望和荣誉的回报。只要想到自己是在为公众利益服务,他们就有了力量。

评分人数

• tingroom

Lucky is he,the field of whose labour is noticed!He got added strength from the knowledge that the whole world sees his achievements.But how worth respecting he is,who hopes for neither fame nor honour in return for all his labour,for all his loss of rest and works for the common good!

评分人数

• tingroom

听力呢?

每日听写板块里有听力练习。3# a276824922

''May you have the glory and honour!May Jupiter continue to give you his gifts without end!I,however born to work for the common good,do not wand to show off my labour.But when I look at our honeycomb,I am pleased by the thought that there are in them a few drops of my own honey''
these words give our the ordinary people courage and can let me feel good abt myself..

评分人数

• tomson

返回列表