听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 7月22日英语故事:Raindrops and Rubber Boots
返回列表 发帖

7月22日英语故事:Raindrops and Rubber Boots

本帖最后由 星期一 于 2010-7-23 11:45 编辑

read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write down what you get from the story to gain the score. 试着翻译红色的部分或者发表自己的看法.

It’s often the simple things in life that make the most significant impact on us. ① Simple things that change our view of life, change the way we make decisions, leave lasting memories in our minds.It was late one afternoon in mid-September. My then three-month-old son was napping in his crib and I was spending the afternoon getting settled into our new home in Wisconsin. It was a rainy day. Not cold, but a steady drizzle had been falling all morning and into the afternoon.

As I wandered through our living room, picking up toys and blankets, I happened to glance out my second story balcony window. Puddles had formed on the ground and the rain had slowed.

Down below, where the grass met the pavement and a large puddle had formed, stood a boy of about four. He wore a T-shirt and a pair of shorts and up to his knees he sported a pair of red, rubber boots. Filled with a mixture of fascination and glee, he stomped through the puddle, mud and water flying. Over and over he walked, stomped, splashed through that puddle, happily enjoying what Mother Nature had left for him.

② Not more than four feet away stood his mother, watching as her son explored his world. She watched as water drpoplets, airborne because of his stomping, landed on the boy’s head, clothes and body. Mud flecks flew all around him and still she stood and watched with a pleasant smile on her face. To an unnoticing passerby it was just two people going about their day. But from my new found sensitivity to the joys and experiences of motherhood, it was a touching moment that altered the way I will forever view my role as a mother.

③ A simple moment in my life made me stop and realize just how important the simpl things really are. As the little boy in the rubber boots grows up, he probably will not remember each afternoon that his mother took him outside and let him stomp in the puddles or each bug that she let him stop to touch. He may not remember each little thing that his mother does for him everyday——each time she lets him explore his world. But he will remember that his mother loved him and he will know that she helped him to learn and grow in a pleasant and fun environment.

Maybe we can all learn from the innocence of childhood that views a rainstorm not as something to run through or to avoid, but something meant to fascinate, to explore and to enjoy. Maybe we should all stop to play in the rain more often. Maybe I will learn more and my views will change as my expience of motherhood grows and evolves. But one thing I know for sure. As soon as my son can walk, I am buying him a pair of rubber boots.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

① Simple things that change our view of life, change the way we make decisions, leave lasting memories in our minds.
  有些简单事情会改变我们的人生观,或我们做决定的方式,这些事情总能在我们的记忆深处长存。

② Not more than four feel away stood his mother, watching as her son explored his world.
小男孩的妈妈站在离他不到四步远的地方,看着他如何探寻世界。

③ A simple moment in my life made me stop and realize just how important the simpl things really are.
一生中的某个简单瞬间使我停下脚步,它让我意识到一些简单的事情是多么的重要。

评分人数

• 星期一

短文稍有些看不懂

返回列表