听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » Self-Introduction » Hello, people! This is D.
返回列表 发帖

Hello, people! This is D.

本帖最后由 DNR 于 2010-8-1 22:18 编辑

Hello, everyone! This is D. Nice to meet you all!

I seriously don’t know how I ended up in here, but I kind of like it here for now. So, sincerely thanks to my dear, Dontknow who recommended this site to me.

I’ve never been good at self-introducing. On one hand, I want to make it simple, but then I doubt anyone would know me at all if I just stated my name. I am not a very organized person, I tend to speak ideas randomly. So I hope you don’t mind that I was all over the place.

One of the major reasons that I am here is because of my love for English. I guess this is the reason for most of us here.
I don’t remember how this passion started and how it became so strong within me, I could only tell you that I love the feeling of saying words in English, writing my thoughts in English, sharing my knowledge with others in English, and most of all, reading materials in English. It always intrigues me when I met people with the same kind of passion and motivation. If you considered yourself as one, I would say it is my honor to know you. Do I love English all the time? Hell, no! We all know how stressful it is when we are dealing with tests and vocabularies. But it doesn’t make me love it less. One of my resolutions to deal with this stressor is to make friends with those who have strong desire to learn and to simply love it. Talking with these people make me realizes my initial passion for English at the first place, and combing with my competitive nature, they motivate me to study hard to improve myself, even just a tiny progress.

As I mention before, I like reading a lot, especially novels whether it is fiction or nonfiction. I always have a thing for horror stories. I remember I used to read at least one of them when school is off. Once I started it, I couldn’t let the book down until I finished it. This sounds great, isn’t it? Well, back to the point, I like the classic fictions too; those require a little bit more time to read. Of course, a good novel is worth every second of time. If you also happened to like reading, please share a few good books with me. I will be much appreciated. Hmm, what’s next? Oh, yes! Movies, of course! I meant who didn’t like watching movies? Over the years, I think I had watched hundreds of English movies. Recently, I can’t seem to find one that could excites me. I don’t know whether I had changed my tastes or movie production has gone poor. If you deeply like a movie, please, please share it with me!

This is getting a bit too long of an introduction. I hope none of you fall asleep yet. Let me make it short.

10 things I like:
1. Walking: it calms me down and allows me to think
2. Bathing in the sun: you have no idea how much I like this! I could stay in the sun until it burns my skin
3. Music: I personally prefer punk rock style, but I like any songs that have good beats and lyrics
4. Tennis: I like the feeling when I hit it hard
5. Coffee: originally, I liked it because it helped me to stay awake; now I just like it because it increases my heart beat just a little bit
6. Travel: I like it a lot, but due to time and money constrains, I haven’t gone anywhere far yet
7. New things: I got curiosity, it keeps my mind open to everything, but I tend to get bored about that thing after awhile
8. Beauty: this is an indefinite concept, I simply like it, whether it is the beauty of a painting, scenery, person, music, book, or anything. I am not sure about it myself.
9. Night: I think this is the best time of the day. I am a night person. I often stay up very late, which is not a healthy habit.
10: hang out with friends: Last but not least! As we grow up, the time we could spend together becomes less, I truly enjoy the time when I am with them.

wow, I think I could still go on with this. But then another voice screams in my head:” stop making people fall asleep!”
I guess I better stop here. Since we are here now, I bet we will have more time to get to know each other better.

It’s very nice to talk with you all today! Thank you for your patience to read all my scattered thoughts!

Sincerely,
D.

评分人数

• halo

Nice to meet you,too.i hope you are enjoying your stay here .

ps.your name reminds me of Mr D earl.

welcome to join us!

welcome to join us!

2# 凉茶

who is the lucky D. earl?

2# 凉茶  

who is the lucky D. earl?
DNR 发表于 2010-8-2 14:54 [url=http://bbs.tingroom.com/images/common/back.gif
http://bbs.tingroom.com/images/common/back.gif[/quote[/url]]

呵呵```是很多年前一部日本著名动画片《恐怖宠物店》里的人物``我觉得还蛮红呐``

返回列表