听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » [10-11]英语散文:夏季的温馨:采浆果
返回列表 发帖

[10-11]英语散文:夏季的温馨:采浆果

Sweet, wild berries plucked from roadside patches are a delightful side benefit of camping. Each summer, my husband Bob and I would send the kids off with their little metal buckets and the next day we would all enjoy the fruits of their labor: raspberry pancakes turned on the grill or firm blackberries to dot a hot cooked-on-the-campfire peanut butter sandwich.
The children looked forward to picking. We could usually find just about anything, from blueberries in early summer to raspberries and blackberries in August. Every year - except one.
"There's nothing around here to pick!" five-year-old Julie complained, poking a stick into the dying fire one late summer evening.

The season had been too dry; what few blackberries were left on the bushes were hard as marbles.
"Yeah. I looked all over," added four-year-old Brian. "Wish there was something."
That night, after the kids were zipped into their sleeping sacks and I was sure they weren't awake, I handed Bob a bag of large marshmallows and I grabbed a bag of the miniatures.

"Get the lantern and follow me," I said. "We're going to make a memory."
"What?" He looked puzzled.

I told him about the kids'campfire conversation and Bob grinned, "Let's go!"
The next morning over pancakes, I said, "Kids, I think you're going to have something to pick today."
"Really!" Julie's eyes shone. "What?"
"What?" echoed Brian.
"Marshmallows," I said, as though I'd said it every summer. "Last night Daddy and I walked down toward the lake and it looks as though they're just about ready to pick. It's a good thing we're here now. They only come out one day a year."

Julie looked skeptical, and Brian giggled. "You're silly, Mom! Marshmallows come in bags from the store."
I shrugged. "So do blackberries, but you've picked those, haven't you? Somebody just puts them in bags."
"Daddy, is that true?" He demanded.
Bob was very busy turning pancakes. "Guess you'll just have to go find out for yourself," he answered. "Okay!"
They were off in a flurry, little metal buckets reflecting the morning sun.
"You nut," Bob said to me, laughing. "It won't work."

"Be a believer," I answered.
Minutes later our two excited children rushed into the clearing.
"Look! I got some that were just babies!" Julie held up a miniature.
"I picked the big ones!" said Brian. "Boy, I want to cook one! Light the fire, Daddy, quick!"
"All right, all right, settle down." Bob winked at me. "They won't spoil." He lit some small sticks while the kids ran for their hot dog forks.
"Mine will be better because they're so little," predicted Julie. Brian shrugged, mashing two large ones on his fork.

We waited for the culinary verdict.
"Wow! Brian's eyes rounded with surprise. "These are sure better than those old ones in the bags!" He reached for another. "These are so good!"
"Of course," I said. "These are really fresh!"

Julie looked puzzled. "How come all those marshmallow bushes don't have the same kinds of leaves?"
"Just different kinds, that's all," I replied quickly. "Like flowers."

"Oh." She licked her fingers, seemingly satisfied with my answer. Then, studying the next marshmallow before she popped it into her mouth, she looked up with the sweetest smile and said softly, "We're so lucky that they bloomed today!"

香甜的野生浆果散布在路边,点缀成一片露营的好地方。每到夏天,丈夫鲍博和我就会打发孩子们带上他们的金属小篮出去采浆果,然后第二天我们就会享受一下美味的浆果。
孩子们也都期待着出去采浆果。很多时候我们会什么都没有采到,从初夏的蓝莓到悬钩子到八月的黑莓。
5岁的朱莉抱怨说:“这里什么都没有啊。”
这个季节太干燥了,只有很少很少的黑莓剩下了,而且剩下的那些是那么的坚硬。“是啊,我看了所有的地方,希望会有一些。
那天晚上,当孩子们钻到他们的睡袋以后,我确信他们已经睡着了,我递给鲍博一袋大浆果然后拿了一袋小的。
“拿上灯笼,跟我走,”我说“我们要去创造记忆了。”
“什么?”他看着我迷惑地问。
我告诉他孩子们的对话,他笑了,说:“走!”
第二天早饭时时,我说:”孩子们,我想今天你们一定有可以采的浆果了。”
“真的吗?”朱莉的眼睛里闪耀着光芒,“什么?”
“什么?”布赖恩回应着。
“浆果啊”,像每年夏天一样,我说,“昨天晚上爸爸和我顺着小溪散步,好象那里就是有很多东西啊。我们能在这里太好了,因为它们每年只出现一天。”