听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【六级教室】 » 六级练习2015.10.19
返回列表 发帖

六级练习2015.10.19

W: Dr.Thomas? This is Keet Bradley from the daily news.I'd like to ask you some questions about the new official standard weight that you purchased.
M: I'd be happy to help you. What would you like to know?
W: First of all, how was the standard weight used?
M: Well, (1) _______________________________________________. The department of weights and measures, we are a government agency. It's our responsibility to see that all the scales measure a kilogram accurately so this is the way we use to adjust the scales.
W: How did you check the scales before?
M: We have an old standard weight that we used to use.It had to be replaced because it was imprecise. (2) ________________________________________. It absorbed too much moisture.
W: Oh. So when the weather was humid it weighed more and when it was dry it weighed less.
M: Exactly. And that variation can affect the standards of the whole country. So our department had the new weight made out of higher quality metal.
W: How much did it cost?
M: About 45 thousand dollars.
W: 45,000 dollars? For one kilogram weight? That's more expensive than gold.Is it really worth that much?
M: I'm sure it is. Industries depend on our government agency to monitor the accuracy of scales so that when they buy and sell their products there is one standard. (3) _____________________________________________.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

返回列表