听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 8月06日英语故事:A Stranger at the Escalator
返回列表 发帖

8月06日英语故事:A Stranger at the Escalator

read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write down what you get from the story to gain the score. 试着翻译红色的部分或者发表自己的看法.

I was shopping at a department store and had just boarded the down escalator when I noticed a woman standing to the side. She looked about 65, and her expression told me she was scared.

I turned toward her and asked, " Do you need help?"

As the escalator continued moving I heard the woman reply softly, " I’m afraid." There was a hint of incredulity in her voice.

" Want me to come back and get you?" I called to her. She nodded. But by the time I reached her, the woman had reconsidered. " I don’t think I can do it," she said.

I was suddenly aware that I had made a far greater investment than I expected." I know we can do it," I said. " I can hold on to you." She looked down at the beast.

Then her eyes came back to mine, looking doubtful. " This has never happened to me before," she said, as much to herself as to me. I felt that her sudden fear had to do with the escalator’s mechanical nature, its basic inhuman untrustworthiness.

I took her arm. " Shall we?" She made a little sound of alarm as we stepped on, but we’d passed the point of no return. She relaxed slightly as the stairs moved us downward." I don’t understand this at all," she said. As we neared the bottom, her grip tightened again, but we did fine." I’m so grateful..." she began." It was nothing," I said. " I was happy to do it."

Happy, yes. I do very little to help others. I am busy caring for a family and working full time.For a brief moment, I had a flash of insight into why someone would become a nurse or a social worker or a minister. When I helped the woman, I felt pure and whole, purposeful. It was a happier moment than I’d had in weeks.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

can help others,its big happy fou ourselves

评分人数

• 星期一

I do very little to help others. I am busy caring for a family and working full time.For a brief moment, I had a flash of insight into why someone would become a nurse or a social worker or a minister. When I helped the woman, I felt pure and whole, purposeful. It was a happier moment than I’d had in weeks.

我只做了很少一点帮助别人的事。我终日忙于工作和照顾家庭。在那一瞬间,我突然明白为什么有人会愿意成为一名护士或社会工作者或牧师。能帮助那位女士之,我感到很有意义的。这是一个几星期以来我比较愉快的时刻。

评分人数

• 星期一

good story!!

I think every like to do the thing like that

very well

我很少帮助别人,我整日忙于关注家庭和工作。简言之,我脑海中突然明白了为何会有人想要成为护士、社工或者牧师。当我帮助这个妇人的时候,我感到这是非常有意义的。帮助她是我这几周来觉得比较快乐的事情。

评分人数

• 星期一

RE: 8月06日英语故事:A Stranger at the Escalator

不以善小而不为, 不以恶小而为之.

Do good thing even if it's small.
Don't do bad thing although it's tiny.

评分人数

• 星期一

When we are helping others,we're also helping ourselves.

评分人数

• 星期一

I do very little to help others. I am busy caring for a family and working full time.For a brief moment, I had a flash of insight into why someone would become a nurse or a social worker or a minister. When I helped the woman, I felt pure and whole, purposeful. It was a happier moment than I’d had in weeks.

我只做了很少一点帮助别人的事。我终日忙于工作和照顾家庭。在那一瞬间,我突然明白为什么有人会愿意成为一名护士或社会工作者或牧师。能帮助那位女士之,我感到整个过程很完美
。这是一个几星期以来我比较愉快的时刻。

Helping others is the happiest thing in the world!

评分人数

• 星期一

平时我忙于工作和家庭事务,很少去帮助别人,那一刻,我突然明白了为什么有些人会选择从事护士、社会工作者和牧师职业。当我帮助这位妇人的时候,我感到纯洁、完整、有意义。那是我最快乐的时刻在过去的几周里。

评分人数

• 星期一

我很少帮助别人,我一直忙着工作,照顾家庭,这一瞬间,我明白为什么有些人成为护士,社会工作者,或者牧师,当我帮助那个女人的时候,我感觉很纯净 完整,这是我这几周来非常开心的一刻。

评分人数

• 星期一

good story

i do not understand why the story's name is A Stranger at the Escalator

\(^o^)/~

we can do that.

返回列表