听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 双语美文:你知道吗?说外语可能会改变你的气质
返回列表 发帖

双语美文:你知道吗?说外语可能会改变你的气质

原标题:你发现了吗,说英语的你和说中文的你是两个完全不同的人!

语言部分塑造了人类的世界观和人生观,学习一种语言不仅仅是掌握了一种交流的方法,同时也是一个充分了解我们自己的信念和激情、探索我们自己不同侧面的机会。

I have recently discovered that I have a second personality when I speak English, compared to the "original" me when I speak Chinese.

我最近发现当我说英语时,和说中文时“原来”的我相比,我有一个“第二人格”。

Speaking English brings out a more outgoing, enthusiastic, relaxed and confident side of me. I am also more open to physical expressions when using English, such as hugging, gesturing and using more exaggerated facial expressions.

说英语引出了我更加外向、热情、轻松、自信的另一面。当说英语时我也会用更多的身体动作,例如拥抱、手势、并且使用更加夸张的面部表情。

I feel the differences not only when talking to people, but also when writing. Working on the same topic in English and Chinese ends up in me using extremely different choices of words and structures. I often find myself arguing for two different points of view.

而且我发现这一不同不仅仅只出现在和人对话时,在写作的时候也有这一现象。用英语和中文在同一个主题下写作,我会使用非常不同的词汇和结构。我经常发现自己在为两个不同的观点而争论。

I have to say that I love having this alternate version of me, a more confident, Western version of me than the original Asian, introverted me.

我不得不说,我喜欢拥有另一个版本的我--一个更加自信、西方版本的我,而不是原来内向的、亚洲的那个我。

But wait! Does that mean that it is possible that my Chinese friends will not like the English-speaking me, and my foreign friends would not care for my personality when I speak Chinese?

但是等一下!那是否意味着我的中国朋友们有可能不喜欢说英语的我,而我的外国朋友们根本不关心说中文时我的人格?

Nevertheless, changing your personality and worldview when changing the language you speak sounds so cool!

但是,改变说话的语言能同时改变一个人的人格和世界观听起来很酷!

Similar things happened with my friend as well when we were traveling to Japan. My friend, a Chinese who speaks fluent Japanese, showed a more humble, tender tone and attitude when using Japanese.

当我们到日本旅行时,我朋友身上也发生了类似的事情。我的朋友是一个日语讲得很流利的中国人,当说日语时她表现出一种更加谦卑、温柔的语调。

I think it must have something to do with the fact that the Japanese use special words and styles to show respect for an older person or a person at a higher position than themselves. If they do not want to be disrespectful, every person who learns the Japanese language needs to pay great attention to the slightest differences in each scenario, choosing between the polite style, the humble style and the honorific style.

我觉得这肯定和日本人的语言习惯有关,他们用特别的词汇和风格来向年长或地位比他们高的人表达尊敬。如果不想失礼,每个了解日语的人都要注意每个场景的细微差异,在礼貌、谦逊和尊敬的用语之间作出取舍。

However, the difference is not only in the linguistic context.

但是,这种差异不仅仅只体现在语言语境中。

Cultural values and identities are deeply rooted in languages, and I believe they can be adopted by learning and using different languages.

文化差异和身份认同根植于语言之中,而我相信它们可以通过学习和使用不同的语言习得。

I did some research, and found several studies that support such findings.

我做了一些调查,找到了几份支持这些发现的研究。

In the academic studies of linguistics, the argument of languages being partly responsible for shaping people’s worldviews and perspectives dates back to the 18th century.

在语言学学术研究中,“语言部分地塑造了人类的世界观和人生观”这一观点可以追溯到18世纪。

In that sense, learning a new language is really worth the effort, because what we get is not only the chance to communicate with people from other countries and appreciate different perspectives, but also the opportunity to fully understand our own beliefs and passions and explore the different sides of ourselves.

从这一点上来说,学习一门新语言是很值得的,因为我们得到的不仅仅只是和其他国家的人交流、领略不同观点的机会,而且还得到了充分了解我们自己的信念和激情、探索我们自己不同侧面的机会。

One other thing I wonder about is why some of my friends have commented that I sometimes talk like a teenage American girl. Maybe it is because watching soap operas and listening to Taylor Swift have been two of the major methods I have used to learn English.

另一件我想知道的事情是,为什么我的一些朋友说我有时像一个十几岁的美国女孩那样说话。也许那是因为看美剧和听霉霉的歌是我用来学英语的两种主要方法的缘故。

It is then possible that when it comes to the changes brought on by learning a new language, it matters in what way and at what age you learn the language.

那么有可能当谈到学习一门新语言所带来的改变时,重要的是你在什么年纪、用什么方法来学习这种语言。

I have recently started to learn German, and I plan to learn it well by taking classes and watching documentaries. Therefore, if I work hard enough, in a few years I look forward to seeing a possibly more sophisticated, or maybe more articulate and rigorous version of me.

我最近开始学习德语,我计划通过上课和看纪录片来学习。因此,如果我足够努力,几年后我也许能够看到一个更加复杂、或者思路更加清晰严谨的我。

返回列表