Talk about your most favourite season in your country

You should say:

What is it and when does it come?

Why do you like it?

Changes happen in this season.

Things you like to do in this season.

And explain the season in brief.

参考范文

I come from the United Kingdom, where talking about the weather is always a topic of conversation.  That is because we have four different seasons, and each is special and beautiful in its own way.  Each different time of year also has its own distinct weather.  Today I’m going to tell you about my favourite season, when it is, why I like it and what changes it brings, as well as the things I like to do during it.

So in the UK, our four seasons are spring, summer, autumn and winter.  I like all of them in a way, but if I must choose, then I think my favourite must be autumn.  Autumn is usually between around September and November each year, though it can shift a little if we have a long hot summer.

Factually, autumn is the time of year when the days start to get shorter again, the temperature cools and plants and trees start to shut down and prepare for winter.  You might think this would be depressing, but I don’t think so.  For me, autumn is something of a relief.  I get terrible hay fever in the summer from pollen, and I’m not great in the heat, so I find the temperature much more comfortable in autumn and I can be a lot more active and do more things.  The best thing about autumn is the way that the trees change colour.  I’m lucky, because I live near woodlands.  As autumn begins the leaves on trees transform from green to rich oranges; vivid yellows; warm browns and blinding gold.  If you have never seen a forest in autumn, it’s quite hard to imagine, but really and truly, at this time of year, if the autumn sun catches leaves as they blow off in the wind they can look like flames or pure gold.  It is astonishingly beautiful.

I also like to be outside, in summer, everyone else has the same idea, but in the autumn there are still some mild days to be enjoyed and I like to wrap up warm and head off for long walks in the blustering wind and have the countryside all to myself.  I like to look out for wildlife and interesting plants on my treks.  Sometimes I’ll go walking or running with a friend and it feels like the whole place up on the hills belongs just to us.

So for me, autumn is special because of its beautiful colours; the lack of pollen to give me hay fever, the possibility of long country walks and being able to enjoy our wonderful British countryside all to myself!

Eventually autumn ends, and it becomes very dark and cold as we move into winter.  I’m not so keen on that as there is very little daylight and it seems to go on for ever.  On the other hand we have some great winter festivals: Halloween; Bonfire night and of course Christmas, so every season has its good points in my view!

更多雅思口语话题

返回列表