听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 休闲乐园 » The Man on The Ground(5) 躺在地上的人(5)
返回列表 发帖

The Man on The Ground(5) 躺在地上的人(5)

I found outthe man's name in the newspaper the next day, but when all is said and done his name isn't the most important part of who he was. He was a human being who was here on this planet to be the best he could be, to give the most he could give. His time came when it came, just as ours will, and now he's gone. It's a rather sad ironythat his last moment came just fifty feet from the finish line of his last race, but wherever he is right now, I'm sure he doesn't care—it may even be worth a laugh to him. His many years of life are now over, and he hasmoved on. But he didn't go without leaving a message, and a very important one: Don't leave without having said the things you need to say or showing the love you ought toshow.(to be continued)

在第二天的报纸上,我得知了那个人的名字,但是如果要做的都做了,要说的都说了,他的名字便已经不那么重要了。他是地球上的一个人,他曾竭力做到最好,尽力给予别人最好的东西。当他时日已尽的时候,死亡自然就来了;我们也一样。现在他已经离开了。让人悲伤而又觉得嘲讽的是,他的最后一次赛跑,还有50英尺就到终点了。但是无论他现在在哪里,我相信他都不会在意——可能还会一笑置之。他几十年的人生已经结束,他已经离开了。但是他并不是什么都没有留下,他给我们留下了一个非常重要的道理:当我们离开时,不要让该说的话还没说,该表达的爱还没有表达。(待续)

(华静、黄敏聪编译)

小丫财富大统计

→重点单词

1.irony /6a!r*ni/ n.反话, 讽刺, 讽刺之事

This is the irony of fate. 这就是命运的嘲弄。

2.moment/6mom*nt/ adj.片刻的, 瞬间的 n.瞬间

At the moment I am working. 此刻我正在工作。

→超级短语

find out 找出, 发现,认识到, 想出

move on 继续前进

ought to 应该

→超级句型