听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day, 2007 (by GEORGE W. BUSH )
返回列表 发帖

National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day, 2007 (by GEORGE W. BUSH )

April 5, 2007
The men and women of the United States Armed Forces have made great sacrifices to defend our Nation. They have triumphed over brutal enemies, liberated continents, and answered the prayers of millions around the globe. On National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day, we honor the brave individuals who put service above self and were taken captive while protecting America and advancing the cause of freedom. Throughout our Nation's conflicts, American prisoners of war have defied ruthless enemies and endured tremendous hardships as they braved captivity. Their strength showed the power and resilience of the American spirit and the indomitable character of our men and women in uniform. Their sacrifices are a great example of courage, devotion, and love of country. Our Nation's former prisoners of war have helped secure the priceless gift of freedom for all our citizens, and we will always be grateful to them and their families. On National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day and throughout the year, we honor the American heroes who have been taken as prisoners of war and remember their legacy of bravery and selflessness. NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim April 9, 2007, as National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day. I call upon the people of the United States to join me in honoring the service and sacrifices of all American prisoners of war. I call upon Federal, State, and local government officials and private organizations to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fifth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand seven, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-first. GEORGE W. BUSH

返回列表