听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 英语四六级 » 【15天冲刺】攻克英语四级阅读(3)
返回列表 发帖

【15天冲刺】攻克英语四级阅读(3)

Passage 2
  About six years ago I was eating lunch in a restaurant in New York City when a woman and a young boy sat down at the next table. I couldn’t help overhearing parts of their conversation. At one point the woman asked: “So, how have you been?” And the boy—who could not have been more than seven or eight years old—replied, “Frankly, I’ve been feeling a little depressed lately.”
  This incident stuck in my mind because it confirmed my growing belief that children are changing. As far as I can remember, my friends and I didn’t find out we were “depressed” until we were in high school.
  The evidence of a change in children has increased steadily in recent years. Children don’t seem childlike anymore. Children speak more like adults, dress more like adults and behave more like adults than they used to.
  Whether this is good or bad is difficult to say, but it certainly is different. Childhood as it once was no longer exists. Why?
  Human development is based not only on innate(天生的)biological states, but also on patterns of access to social knowledge. Movement from one social role to another usually involves learning the secrets of the new status. Children have always been taught adult secrets, but slowly and in stages: traditionally, we tell sixth graders things we keep hidden from fifth graders.
  In the last 30 years, however, a secret-revelation(揭示)machine has been installed in 98 percent of American homes. It is called television. Television passes information, and indiscriminately(不加区分地), to all viewers alike, be they children or adults. Unable to resist the temptation, many children turn their attention from printed texts to the less challenging, more vivid moving pictures.
  Communication through print, as a matter of fact, allows for a great deal of control over the social information to which children have access. Reading and writing involve a complex code of symbols that must be memorized and practiced. Children must read simple books before they can read complex materials.
  31. According to the author, feeling depressed is _______.
  A) a sure sign of a psychological problem in a child
  B) something hardly to be expected in a young child
  C) an inevitable phase of children’s mental development
  D) a mental scale present in all humans, including children
  32. Traditionally, a child is supposed to learn about the adult world _______.
  A) through contact with society
  B) gradually and under guidance
  C) naturally and by biological instinct
  D) through exposure to social information
  33. The phenomenon that today’s children seem adultlike is attributed by the author to _______.
  A) the widespread influence of television
  B) the poor arrangement of teaching content
  C) the fast pace of human intellectual development
  D) the constantly rising standard of living
  34. Why is the author in favor of communication through print for children?
  A) It enables children to gain more social information.
  B) It develops children’s interest in reading and writing.
  C) It helps children to memorize and practice more.
  D) It can control what children are to learn.
  35. What does the author think of the change in today’s children?
  A) He feels amused by chair premature behavior.
  B) He thinks it is a phenomenon worthy of note.
  C) He considers it a positive development.
  D) He seems to be upset about it

返回列表