听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 8月28日英语故事:大红礼服 Big Red(1)
返回列表 发帖

8月28日英语故事:大红礼服 Big Red(1)

read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write down what
you get from the story to gain the score. 试着翻译
红色的部分或者发表自己的看法.

The first time we set eyes on "Big Red," father, mother and I were trudging through the freshly fallen snow on our way to Hubble's Hardware store on Main Street in Huntsville, Ontario. We planned to enter our name in the annual Christmas drawing for a chance to win a hamper filled with fancy tinned cookies, tea, fruit and candy.1。 As we passed the Eaton's Department store's window, we stopped as usual to gaze, and do our bit of dreaming.
       The gaily decorated window display held the best toys ever. I took an instant hankering for a huge green wagon. It was big enough to haul three armloads of firewood, two buckets of swill or a whole summer's worth of pop bottles picked from along the highway. There were skates that would make Millar's Pond well worth shoveling and dolls much too pretty to play with. And they were all nestled snugly beneath the breathtakingly flounced skirt of Big Red.
         Mother's eyes were glued to the massive flare of red shimmering satin, dotted with twinkling sequin-centered black velvet stars. "My goodness," she managed to say in trancelike wonder. "Would you just look at that dress!" Then, totally out of character, mother twirled one spin of a waltz on the slippery sidewalk.2。 Beneath the heavy, wooden-buttoned, grey wool coat she had worn every winter for as long as I could remember, mother lost her balance and tumbled. Father quickly caught her.
        Her cheeks redder than usual, mother swatted dad for laughing. "Oh, stop that!" she ordered, shooing his fluttering hands as he swept the snow from her coat. "What a silly dress to be perched up there in the window of Eaton's!" she shook her head in disgust. "Who on earth would want such a splashy dress?"

As we continued down the street, mother turned back for one more look. "My goodness! You'd think they'd display something a person could use!"

参考译文:
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

1。 As we passed the Eaton's Department store's window, we stopped as usual to gaze, and do our bit of dreaming.
每次经过Eaton的小卖部,我们都会停下来向里看,带着一点梦想。

2。 Beneath the heavy, wooden-buttoned, grey wool coat she had worn every winter for as long as I could remember, mother lost her balance and tumbled. Father quickly caught her.
我总能想起每年冬天母亲穿着厚重的,棉质的灰色的羊毛外套,差点摔倒,父亲连忙去扶助她。

评分人数

• zora

1.每当经过伊顿百货大楼的橱窗,我们都会习惯性的停下来瞧一眼,带着些许憧憬。
2.穿着那件我记忆中每年冬天都穿的厚重木扣灰羊毛外套,母亲失去平衡险些摔倒,父亲赶忙扶住她。

评分人数

• zora

1。 As we passed the Eaton's Department store's window, we stopped as usual to gaze, and do our bit of dreaming.
当我们路过伊顿百货店的橱窗时,我们像往常一样向里面凝视着,充满了幻想。
2、Beneath the heavy, wooden-buttoned, grey wool coat she had worn every winter for as long as I could remember, mother lost her balance and tumbled. Father quickly caught her.
  穿着那件在我的记忆中每年冬天都穿的厚重木扣灰色羊毛外套,妈妈失去了平衡摔倒了,爸爸赶忙扶住她。

评分人数

• zora

1、当我们经过伊顿商场的窗户边时,我们像往常一样停下来凝视着里面,做着我们小小的梦。
2、母亲穿着自从我有记忆就穿着的那件厚重、木制纽扣、灰色的羊毛外套晃悠着跌倒了。父亲赶紧抓住了他。

评分人数

• zora

1、当我们路过伊顿的商场橱窗时,我们向以往一样驻足凝视,并带着些许的憧憬与梦想。
2、穿着那件从我记事以来母亲每年冬天都穿的厚重的,并且嵌着木头纽扣的灰色羊毛外套,母亲失去了平衡,险些摔倒,父亲迅速地扶住了她。

评分人数

• zora

每当我经过伊顿百货的橱窗时,我们都会停下来象以住一样做着幻想.
2。 Beneath the heavy, wooden-buttoned, grey wool coat she had worn every winter for as long as I could remember, mother lost her balance and tumbled. Father quickly caught her.
母亲穿着那件从我记事以来她每年冬天都穿的厚重的,并且嵌着木头纽扣的灰色羊毛外套,母亲失去了平衡,险些摔倒,父亲迅速地扶住了她。

评分人数

• zora

当我们经过伊顿商店的橱窗时,我们经常驻足停留,并小小地幻想一番。
每个冬天,母亲总是穿着镶有木质纽扣的灰色棉外套,看起来显得十分厚重。如我所记得的,母亲当时是失去平衡跌倒了,父亲立马扶住了她。

评分人数

• zora

1.每次经过伊顿商店的橱窗,我们都会停下来望一望,幻想一下。
2.那件镶着木质纽扣的灰色棉外套,看起来十分厚重,我记得母亲每年冬天都穿着,还差点摔倒了,父亲马上扶住了她。

评分人数

• zora

当我们经过伊顿的商店橱窗时,我们经常驻足停留,并幻想着。
每个冬天,母亲总是穿着镶有木质纽扣的灰色棉外套,看起来显得十分厚重。像我所记得的,母亲当时是失去平衡跌倒了,父亲立马扶住了她。

评分人数

• zora

.1。 但我们路过Eaton的百货商店窗前,我们同往常一样停下来观看同时幻想着。
在我记忆中妈妈每年冬天都穿着灰色双排扣羊毛大衣,在这重力之下,她失去了平衡摔倒了,爸爸快速地接住她。

评分人数

• zora

当我们经过伊顿他们部门的橱窗时,我们驻足凝视而且还作点白日梦。

放下沉重的木制按钮,灰色外套,我记得这些都是他冬天穿过的,母亲滑脚摔倒了,父亲赶快过去扶住她

评分人数

• zora

I want to see standard answer

回复 14# ym163

Thank you for coming.Please read story more carefully.

good

thanks

返回列表