听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 10月4号英语美文:Happiness May Be Just A Phone Call
返回列表 发帖

10月4号英语美文:Happiness May Be Just A Phone Call

The telephone rang and I reached to answer it.
          "Hi,Steve,"said the voice on the other end. "I just  wanted to see how you're getting along."
          I had not heard from my old friend for many months .It was good to talk to him.I wondered why hadn't we kept in touch better.
          Toward the end of the conversation,he said,"If you need me in any way,I'll be happy to help out."And he meant it!
          That call came at just the right time ,as they so often do.I needed those words of encouragement.I hung up the phone,feeling a satisfying lumpl of warmth in my chest.
          And that day I relearned something important about life:life is primarily about people--not plans and schedules,not to-do list and million tasks left undone--it's about people.
         To love and to know that we are loved is the greatest happiness of existence.And happiness seem to be something that is in short supply for too many of us !My friend reminded me that it is never enough just to love;we must also express it.What good are our affectionate feelings toward others if we don't find ways to let them know?
         George William Chids put it like this :"Do not keep the alabaster box of your love and friendship seaied up until your friends are dead.Fill their lives with sweetness.Speak approving,cheering words while their ears can hear them and while their heart can be thilled and made happier.The kind things you mean to say when they are gone,say before they go."
      Happiness may be just a phone call.
For reference:

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

And that day I relearned something important about life:life is primarily about people--not plans and schedules,not to-do list and million tasks left undone--it's about people.
        而且那天我再次领悟了生命中一些重要的东西:生活首先是关于人们,而不是计划,不是关于要做的事,或者无数的任务要完成---生活就是关于人。      
       To love and to know that we are loved is the greatest happiness of existence.And happiness seem to be something that is in short supply for too many of us !My friend reminded me that it is never enough just to love;we must also express it.What good are our affectionate feelings toward others if we don't find ways to let them know?
去爱,也感受被爱,是人生的最大快乐。快乐在我们这些人中,是多么难得的东西啊!我的朋友提醒了我,仅仅爱是不够的,我们还要懂得去表达我们的爱。如果我们不想办法让别人知道我们的感情,这爱又有什么用呢?
快乐也许只是一个电话

评分人数

• 魚魚

it is a very good paper

行动

而且那天我再次领悟了生命中一些重要的东西:生活首先是关于人们,而不是计划,不是关于要做的事,或者无数的任务要完成---生活就是关于人。      
去爱,也感受被爱,是人生的最大快乐。快乐在我们这些人中,是多么难得的东西啊!我的朋友提醒了我,仅仅爱是不够的,我们还要懂得去表达我们的爱。如果我们不想办法让别人知道我们的感情,这爱又有什么用呢?
快乐也许只是一个电话

评分人数

• 魚魚

太复杂了

It touches my heart .

返回列表