听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » 天天商务英语学习(中高级)2007-6-19 MP3下载
返回列表 发帖

天天商务英语学习(中高级)2007-6-19 MP3下载

天天商务词汇
undermine sth. (verb) 瓦解;削弱

解释

to act in a way that serves to weaken sth., particularly another person's authority

例句

Frank's jokes are undermining my authority in the team. No one seems to take me seriously any more.

天天商务报道
Diagnosis: Video game addict
诊断:视频游戏痴迷。

If you just can't put down that PSP... you may need psychiatric help says the AMA. It's considering adding video game addiction to its diagnostic manual. But don't expect gamers to take the new label too seriously, Alisa Roth reports.
TEXT OF STORY
SCOTT JAGOW: This country's psychiatrists publish a manual to help them diagnose and treat mental illness. Doctors are considering adding video game addiction to the manual. Could that have an impact on the industry? Here's Alisa Roth:
Alisa Roth: The 10-page report from the American Medical Association committee compares addictive video games to gambling. It says excessive time spent playing video games can lead to social dysfunction or disruption.
Declan McCullough, who writes about video games for Cnet, says the best games really are addictive, at least proverbially, with interesting plots and realistic graphics.
Declan McCullough: So I can't see the video game industry dramatically changing the way they do things as a result.
Alisa Roth: He says he can imagine a surgeon general's warning on video games reminding people that playing for eight hours straight could be harmful to their health.
But, he says, all that game playing often has a happy ending, social disruption be damned.
Declan McCullough: Some of the captains of industry in Silicon Valley today were what might now be called video games addicts. Video games were what got them hooked on computers and it turned out to be a career path for them.
Alisa Roth: Now if you'll excuse me, I have a game to get back to.
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

谢谢拉!!

太强了,谢谢管理员,有没有打包的资料啊?

i want to send flowers to you

返回列表