听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 托福 » 托福范文:对在校生打工的看法(3)
返回列表 发帖

托福范文:对在校生打工的看法(3)

【题目】  In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details.

【范文】

【题目】  In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details.

【范文】

In many countries it is common for teenagers to take part-time jobs while they are still in high school, while in other societies this is virtually unheard of. In the latter situation, students are expected to spend all of their time on their studies and consider schoolwork their "job". In my opinion, students benefit more from a more balanced lifestyle, which may include working at a part-time job. Therefore, I believe that it is a good idea for students to work while studying.

While it is true that a student's most important goal must be to learn and to do well at his studies, it does not need to be the only goal. In fact, a life which consists of only study is not balanced and may cause the student to miss out on other valuable learning experiences. In addition to bringing more balance to a student's life, part-time work can broaden his range of experience. He will have the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life and will be faced with a wider variety of problems to solve. Furthermore, work helps a student to develop greater independence, and earning his own pocket money can teach him how to handle his finances. Finally, a part-time job can help a student to develop a greater sense of responsibility, both for his own work and for that of the team he works with.

For all of these reasons, I firmly believe that most students would benefit from taking a part-time job while they are in high school. Of course, they must be careful not to let it take up too much of their time because study is still their primary responsibility. In sum, living a balanced life is the best way to be successful.

[参考译文]青少年与打工

在许多国家,青少年普遍会在高中时期打工。然而在有些国家,这几乎是前所未闻的。如果是后者的情况,那是因为一般认为学生应把所有的时间花在学业上,把学业当作是自己的"工作"。我认为,生活方式越均衡,对学生就越好,而均衡的生活则须包含打工。所以我认为,在就学期间打工是个不错的想法。

虽然学生最重要的目标的确必须是学习,而且功课要好,但这不必是学生惟一的目标。事实上,只重视学业的生活并不均衡,这可能会使学生错过其他珍贵的学习经验。打工除了使生活更均衡外,还可拓展学生的经验。学生可以有机会见识各行各业的人,而且会面临更多各种不同的问题需要解决。此外,工作帮助学生更加独立,而且自己赚零用钱还可以教导他如何处理自己的财务。最后,打工可以帮助学生培养对自己的工作和团队工作更大的责任感。

基于这些理由,我坚决相信,大多数学生在高中时期打工都能获益。当然,他们也必须小心,不要让打工占据太多时间,因为学业仍然是青少年首要的责任。总之,过均衡的生活才是最佳的成功之道。   For all of these reasons, I firmly believe that most students would benefit from taking a part-time job while they are in high school. Of course, they must be careful not to let it take up too much of their time because study is still their primary responsibility. In sum, living a balanced life is the best way to be successful.

[参考译文]青少年与打工

在许多国家,青少年普遍会在高中时期打工。然而在有些国家,这几乎是前所未闻的。如果是后者的情况,那是因为一般认为学生应把所有的时间花在学业上,把学业当作是自己的"工作"。我认为,生活方式越均衡,对学生就越好,而均衡的生活则须包含打工。所以我认为,在就学期间打工是个不错的想法。

虽然学生最重要的目标的确必须是学习,而且功课要好,但这不必是学生惟一的目标。事实上,只重视学业的生活并不均衡,这可能会使学生错过其他珍贵的学习经验。打工除了使生活更均衡外,还可拓展学生的经验。学生可以有机会见识各行各业的人,而且会面临更多各种不同的问题需要解决。此外,工作帮助学生更加独立,而且自己赚零用钱还可以教导他如何处理自己的财务。最后,打工可以帮助学生培养对自己的工作和团队工作更大的责任感。

基于这些理由,我坚决相信,大多数学生在高中时期打工都能获益。当然,他们也必须小心,不要让打工占据太多时间,因为学业仍然是青少年首要的责任。总之,过均衡的生活才是最佳的成功之道。

托福范文:资助体育活动的意义(4)

【题目】

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should give the same amount of money to their students' sports activities as they give to their libraries. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

【范文】

A student's education does not only consist of learning academic subjects. It is also important for students to develop other skills, such as teamwork, and healthy habits that will last them a lifetime. One way to do this is to encourage more participation in sports activities. Although it is important to provide adequate funding for academic services such as the school library, I believe it is important to fund sports activities equally.

A student's primary education goal is to pursue knowledge. Therefore, the school library is very important. However, the resources that a library buys are long-lasting. In addition, students now have resources other than the school library to support their studies. For example, many have their own computers and access to the Internet. Sports activities, on the other hand, require some investment every year. Equipment wears out and needs to be replaced more often than library resources.

Furthermore, a school that provides good athletic equipment for its students will find that they are more willing to participate in physical activities. Since these activities are also an important part of their education, the importance of good equipment cannot be ignored.

Ideally, a school should provide its students with a well- balanced education that helps them develop all of their skills. For this reason, it is important that schools do not ignore sports activities. Setting aside more money for these activities will help schools to develop better physical education programs and encourage more students to participate in them.

[参考译文]资助体育活动

学生的教育不是只有各学科的学习。对学生而言,培养其他技能也是很重要的,例如团队合作以及可终身受益的健康习惯。达到此项目标的方法之一是鼓励学生多参加体育活动。虽然提供充足的经费资助学术性设施,如图书馆,是很重要的,但我认为,资助体育活动也同样重要。

学生受教育的主要目标是追求知识,因此,学校图书馆非常重要。然而,图书馆所购买的资源是可以长期使用的。此外,现在学生除了学校图书馆之外,也有其他的资源可协助他们的学习。例如,许多学生都有自己的电脑,并且可以使用互联网。而另一方面,体育活动则每年都需要一些经费投资。运动器材会耗损,因此比图书馆的资源更需要经常更换。此外,学校如果为学生提供良好的运动器材,就会发现学生会比较愿意参加体育活动。因为这些活动也是教育很重要的一部分,所以良好的运动器材的重要性是不容忽视的。

理想的做法是,学校应该提供学生非常均衡的教育,以帮助他们培养各项技能。基于这项理由,学校不能忽视体育活动,这一点是很重要的。拨出更多的经费资助这些活动,可以帮助学校发展更好的体育课程,并鼓励更多学生参与。

托福范文:整治家乡的环境污染(5)

【题目】
If you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you change? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.

【范文】 Changing My Hometown
My hometown is a large city with a dense population. Because it is crowded with people and their vehicles, the environment is not as clean as I would like it to be. Too many cars and buses pollute the air and people also create a lot of garbage that is not always disposed of properly. If I could change just one thing about my hometown, it would be the environment. I would make it a cleaner and less polluted place to live.

I believe that such a change is important because a person’s living environment can greatly affect both his physical and mental health. Bad air quality can contribute to many health problems such as asthma, and improperly discarded garbage can spread bacteria that are dangerous to health. In addition, the environment can greatly affect the way a person feels. When in clean, attractive surroundings we always feel more optimistic. For these reasons, I think the people of my hometown should work together to make it a cleaner place to live.

Insgroupsto accomplish this goal we have to not only enact laws to limit pollution, but also take personal responsibility for our own actions. Only when people realize the effect that the environment has on their well-being will they take such proposals seriously. Therefore, we must first inform people of the dangers of a poor environment. Then I believe we can all live happier, healthier lives.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[参考译文]改变我的家乡
我的家乡是个人口密集的大城市。因为挤满了人和车辆,所以它的环境没有我所希望的那么干净。过多的汽车及公共汽车污染了空气,人们制造的许多垃圾也不一定能够得到妥善处理。如果我只能改变家乡的一样东西,那么我想改变的就是它的环境。我想使它成为一个更干净、污染更少的居住场所。

我认为这样的改变是很重要的,因为居住环境可能会大大地影响人们的身体及心理健康。不良的空气质量可能会导致许多健康方面的问题,例如哮喘;而随意丢弃的垃圾也会传播有害健康的细菌。此外,环境对于人们的感受会有相当大的影响。在干净而宜人的环境里,我们一定会觉得更乐观。因此,我认为家乡的居民应该共同合作,让它成为更干净的居住场所。

为了达到这项目标,我们不仅要制定法律来限制污染,还必须为自己的行为负责。只有了解环境对健康的影响,人们才会认真考虑这些提议。因此,我们必须先让大家知道不良环境可能造成的危险。我相信这样一来,我们都能过着更快乐、更健康的生活

托福范文:完善好公共交通工具(6)

【题目】
Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should governments spend more money on improving public transportation (buses, trains, subways)? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.

【范文】

Good transportation is very important to the success of both individuals and a city. Without efficient means of transportation, people will waste a great deal of time going to and from work. This will make them tired and less productive in their jobs. People may rely on either private or public transportation to get them to and from work. If a choice has to be made between spending money on improving the roads for private vehicles or improving public transportation, I would choose the latter for the following reasons.

First of all, better public transportation systems, including buses, trains and subways, will encourage more people to use them rather than drive their own cars. This will reduce the total amount of traffic on the roads and make travel quicker for everyone. Second, using public transportation saves energy.

A bus which carries 60 people is a far more efficient use of fuel than 60 individual cars driving the same route. And last but not least, greater use of public transportation causes less pollution and will keep the environment cleaner. There are many reasons to support spending money on public transportation. Good transportation systems make a city cleaner, more efficient and more convenient. This improves everyone's quality of life and can make the city more prosperous.

Therefore, I support spending money on public transportation systems rather than improving roads.

[参考译文]
好的交通工具对于个人和整个城市的成功都非常重要。如果没有有效率的交通工具,人们上下班会浪费很多时间。这会使人们疲倦,因而降低工作效率。人们上下班可以依赖私人或公共交通工具。如果要在花钱为私人车辆改善道路和花钱改善公共交通工具之间做选择,我会选择后者,原因如下。

首先,较好的公共交通系统,包括公共汽车、火车和地下铁,会鼓励更多人去乘坐而不会自己开车,如此便能减少道路上整体的交能流量,让人们往来的速度更快。

其次,使用公共交通工具可节省能源。一辆公车搭载60个人比60辆私人汽车行驶相同的路线更能充分、有效率地使用燃料。最后一项要点是,多使用公共交通工具可以减少污染,使环境更干净。

有许多理由都支持该把经费用在公共交通工具上。好的交通系统能使城市更干净、更有效率,而且更便利。这样可以改善每个人的生活质量,并让整个都市更加繁荣。因此,我支持将钱用在公共交通系统上,而非改善道路。

我个人认为很有必要,因为这是一个很好的锻炼机会。

返回列表