听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 10月29日美丽的童话:The Real Princess
返回列表 发帖

10月29日美丽的童话:The Real Princess

Today,I will tell you a fairy tale~Can you infer the story from the title?If not,please read the story carefully,and then summarize what's the story's main idea,and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky~

The Real Princess

There was once a prince who wished to marry a princess; but then she must be a real princess. He travelled all over the world in hopes of finding such a lady; but there was always something wrong. Princesses he found in plenty; but whether they were real princesses it was impossible for him to decide, for now one thing, now another, seemed to him not quite right about the ladies. At last he returned to his palace quite cast down, because he wished so much to have a real Princess for his wife.

One evening a fearful tempest arose, it thundered and lightened, and the rain poured down from the sky in torrents: besides, it was as dark as pitch. All at once there was heard a violent knocking at the door, and the old King, the Prince's father, went out himself to open it.

It was a princess who was standing outside the door. What with the rain and the wind, she was in a sad condition; the water trickled down from her hair, and her clothes clung to her body. She said she was a real princess.

"Ah! we shall soon see that!" thought the old Queen-mother; however, she said not a word of what she was going to do; but went quietly into the bedroom, took all the bed-clothes off the bed, and put a little pea on the bedstead. She then laid twenty mattresses one upon another over the pea, and put twenty feather beds over the mattresses.

Upon this bed the Princess was to pass the night.

The next morning she was asked how she had slept. "Oh, very badly indeed!" she replied. "I have scarcely closed my eyes the whole night through. I do not know what was in my bed, but I had something hard under me, and am all over black and blue. It has hurt me so much!"

Now it was plain that the lady must be a real Princess, since she had been able to feel the little pea through the twenty mattresses and twenty feather beds. None but a real Princess could have had such a delicate sense of feeling.

So the prince took her for his wife, for now he knew that he had a real princess; and the pea was put in the museum, where it may still be seen, if no one has stolen it.  

Translation

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

I think I will scarcely close my eyes too , but It's because the bed is too comfortable.
============Translation===========
从前有个王子想娶一个真正的公主。他走遍全世界就想找这么一个公主,但是总是有什么不对的地方。公主倒是找到了不少,但是到底是不是真正的公主他也不能确定。最后他很郁闷的回到皇宫,因为他太想娶一个真正的公主作妻子了。
一天晚上一场恐怖的暴风雨来临,风电交加,倾盆大雨,天也很黑。突然听到一阵敲门声,老国王亲自去开门。
一个公主站在门外,被雨和风弄得一塌糊涂;水从她头发上流下来,衣服沾在身上。她说她是真正的公主。
老王后想“我们很快就会知道是真的还是假的”;但是她并没有说什么,只是静静的走进了卧室,拿开床上所有的被子,放了一粒豌豆在床架上,然后用二十张床垫放豌豆上,再在床垫上放了二十床鸭绒被。
这位公主就在这张床上过的夜。
第二天早上王后问这位公主昨天睡得怎样。“说实话,很糟糕”她回答,“我基本上一个晚上没有闭眼,不知道床上有什么东西,我躺在一个硬的东西上面,弄得我全身发紫,弄得我很不舒服!”
现在就很清楚她就是真正的公主了。因为她能感觉到那粒豌豆,即使是有二十张床垫和二十床鸭绒被。除了真正的公主,其他人不会有这么娇贵的感觉。
因为这个王子知道她是真正的公主,所以就和她成亲了;那粒豌豆被放进了博物馆,如果没有人偷的话,应该现在还能看见。
===================================
It's too long to translate.........

评分人数

• 魚魚

If  the real prinsess lived  now ,maybe she can't live ,this is beautiful story ,

评分人数

• 魚魚

回复 2# jacob.lu

actually,you should read the question carefully~But,you translated it very well~~Try to let your imagination fly in your sky~and it's better for you to tell me your feeling when you read the whole story~

beautiful princess

从前有个王子想娶一个真正的公主。他走遍全世界就想找这么一个公主,但是总是有什么不对的地方。公主倒是找到了不少,但是到底是不是真正的公主他也不能确定。最后他很郁闷的回到皇宫,因为他太想娶一个真正的公主作妻子了。
老王后想“我们很快就会知道是真的还是假的”;但是她并没有说什么,只是静静的走进了卧室,拿开床上所有的被子,放了一粒豌豆在床架上,然后用二十张床垫放豌豆上,再在床垫上放了二十床鸭绒被。
这位公主就在这张床上过的夜。
第二天早上王后问这位公主昨天睡得怎样。“说实话,很糟糕”她回答,“我基本上一个晚上没有闭眼,不知道床上有什么东西,我躺在一个硬的东西上面,弄得我全身发紫,弄得我很不舒服!”

评分人数

• 魚魚

这位公主就在这张床上过的夜。

评分人数

• 魚魚

返回列表