听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 写作提高 » 【写作模范】大学英语四级作文范文-环境、健康篇
返回列表 发帖

【写作模范】大学英语四级作文范文-环境、健康篇

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-11-20 20:03 编辑

范文 1  Lucky Number

My friend Mary was born on June 13 th, 1977. She is always dissatisfied with her birthday because “13” is an “evil” number. There are lots of people who are convinced that good numbers bring good luck and bad numbers bring disasters. Hence, 13, 4 and other so called evil numbers are wiped off from cards, list, menus, etc. Even in some cities, there is no bus No.13 or No.13 Street.

I don't think numbers have anything to do with luck. Numbers were created for counting. There is no relationship between a certain number and one's fate. There are many people who succeed in spite of “close relationship” with bad numbers. There are also a lot of people, who should have been blessed by “lucky” numbers, involved in accidents. Take my friend Mary for example. She achieved a good study at the nation's most prestigious university and later gained good reputation in her career. Her luck is not a bit damaged by her “bad birthday”.

In a word, numbers are numbers. They stand for nothing but quantity. Numbers have nothing to do with luck.

范文 2 On Making Friends

As a human being, one can hardly do without a friend. If we don't have a friend in the world, our life will not be interesting and we cannot live more happily.

But what is true friendship? True friendship can share happiness and sadness with you. A bad friend, on the other hand, only loves you when you are lucky and rich. When you become poor and powerless they will desert you. We all know, “A friend in need is a friend indeed”. So, we need to take the persons who are dedicated to the contribution of our relationship as our real friends.

I choose my friends only when they can share not only my happiness but also my sadness.

范文 3 Bicycle An Important Means of Transport in China

China is called the “kingdom of bicycles”, because there are thousands of millions of bicycles in China and bicycles are the most important means of transport in China.

Why are bicycles so popular in our country? On the one hand, its price fits for common people's income. For example, we only pay three hundred yuan for a quite good bicycle. On the other hand, lots of people go out by bicycles to avoid traffic jam. So bicycles save time and money for Chinese people. Furthermore, riding bicycles recommends an effective way to keep fit for those who work in offices and are lack of exercises.

Many believe that cars are much better than bicycles because cars are far more comfortable, and cars travel much faster and quite a longer distance than bicycles. But cars cause serious pollution as well. According to the present traffic condition, cars often slow down in crowded cities. Owning a car means spending a lot of money not only in buying it but also in keeping it. Sometimes we cannot even afford expensive gasoline. At night, we have to find places to park our cars. Compared with cars, bicycles are clean and cheap, convenient and easy to park.

Following the high speed of the development of China's economy, I think the number of bicycles may reduce, and that of cars may increase. But we must admit that a bicycle will still remain its important role in Chinese people's daily life because of its own advantages as well as China's special national condition.

范文 4 To Communicate by Letter or by Telephone

In the modern times, there are many ways for people to communicate, among which are telephone calls and writing letters. Some people prefer the former; others the latter.

Compared with the telephone calls, I like letter writing better, because letter writing is mush more personal than the telephone. Perhaps it is more practical and convenient to use the telephone in the business world, but you do need to write to some people who are intimate to you. On the one hand, when writing letters, you can take your time and fully express your ideas and feelings. In this way, you and your friend will get closer emotionally. This can certainly not be achieved by using the telephone. On the other hand, while people may soon forget what has been talked about on the phone, they can read letters again and again, enjoying the content as well as the everlasting friendship. One more advantage of letters is that they don't disturb them. If a letter is from someone you don't like, you can throw it away without being troubled in any way. Unfortunately, the telephone is our enemy in this aspect.

In short, I think if you have time, it is better to write letters to friends than making telephone calls.

范文 5 Which Part of the Newspaper Do You Prefer?
I like reading newspapers. Each day after supper, I spend half an hour scanning the content of each page, including information about the weather, national and international news and advertisements of various kinds. But the page I read most often is the sports page.

First, I like reading the sports news. I am a sports fan, but since life is busy and I cannot afford a lot of time watching various games, the newspaper has become an important way for me to get information about sports. I can know what matches are being held in the world, and who are the winners or losers by reading sports news. What attracts me most is what the Chinese sportsmen and sportswomen are doing. But since participating in a game is more important than winning or losing the game, I am always delighted to know that the Chinese are getting more and more involved in the international sports events.

Second, I also enjoy reading the critical articles written about certain games. If I have watched a football game, for instance, I will have my own opinion on why and how one team had defeated the other. When reading the experts' explanation and comments on the same match, I can learn a lot.

In summary, the sports page is a place where I can find entertainment and learn more about sports. For these reasons, I read this page of the newspaper very often.

范文 6 Pollution Control
There are many cause of pollution. Let us have a look at some of them. First, there are so many cars in our cities, especially large ones. They give off waste, sometimes even poisonous gases. Second, many factories, such as papermaking ones, let their dirty water directly flow into our rivers and lakes. Third, farmers use more and more chemicals and pesticides. So, our fields are polluted.

Of course, these pollutions are harmful to our health. Some rivers have become undrinkable. Some polluted food or vegetables can cause cancer and if we breathe dirty air into our lungs, we may fall ill.

Now, some governments are taking measures to solve this problem. For example, our government is making a policy to punish the factories, which have made the Huai River very dirty. Also, our government is reducing the number of cars in Beijing. I think all these are very necessary. If we all work hard, this problem can be solved in the future.

范文 7 Global Shortage of Fresh Water

Many people believe that fresh water will never be used up. They think that fresh water comes from such varieties of sources that it is always sufficient for us. Such opinion leads to surprising waste of water.

As a matter of fact, the earth is short of fresh water. Furthermore, with the rapid growth of the world's population, the rising demand of water by industry, and the serious pollution of our surroundings, the world is facing the danger of running out of fresh water. Actually, in some big cities, fresh water cannot meet the daily needs.

Therefore, it is up to us to find new ways to save water. First, we should make the best use of water, and not waste it. Second, scientists must work even harder to purify seawater, polluted water and try to find solutions in industry to reduce the use of fresh water.

范文 8 Men and the Environment

The world we live in is becoming more and more intolerable because of environmental destruction. For example, deforestation results in unpleasant weather. In addition, man is faced with problems of water pollution and air pollution.

Many remedial measures have been taken. Planting trees helps improve and beautify the environment. Forbidding factories from pouring dirty water into rivers help purify and save the precious water resources. Some other plans concerning environment have already been put into practice and they have achieved good results.

However, the problem of environmental pollution and destruction are getting worse and worse in the world. To certain extent, the lack of knowledge about the importance of protecting the environment hinders the solving of the problem. We must educate people to know the importance of environmental protection. In a word, there is a long way to go before we enjoy a clean and comfortable world.

范文 9 No Smoking

Smoking is harmful. This has been proved by scientific experiments. However, many young people are still getting into the habit of smoking even though they have come to realize how serious this proldem is.

Smoking does not only harm the smokers but also people around them. Some people who don't smoke have to breathe in dirty air. If they suffer from this too long, they can also become the victims of smoking and develop the same diseases.

Therefore, smoking is a bad habit. Everyone, especially young people, should do their best to get rid of it. The non smokers should persuade their relatives not to smoke or, at least, they should take up fight for cleaner air.

范文 10 Good Health

The desire for good health is universal. It is the basis of happiness, wealth and success. A person can hardly always be energetic and enjoy his life. Those who are poor in health often feel sad. A weak sick man can hardly achieve much success in his career no matter what level of education he has received.

What should we do to maintain our health? First of all, we should keep a balanced diet. We should eat plenty of vegetables and fruits, not too much meat and little animal fat. Secondly, regular physical exercise is essential for a healthy mind and body. One can keep fit by taking part in sports activities that fit him. Jogging, running, and swimming are all good exercises. Finally, enough sleep is also important. A tired person will recover soon after a sleep.

As for me, one of my ways to keep fit is to keep a regular lifestyle. I get up early in the morning and go to bed before 11 o'clock. I also take a nap at noon.

返回列表