听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 翻译提高 » 鬼屋9
返回列表 发帖

鬼屋9

当一切又恢复如常,我病恹恹地爬出床外,颤抖着手把油灯点亮,这手虚弱得像是年过百旬老人的手。这灯火让我振作了点。我坐下来对着那灰烬上的巨大脚印陷入了空幻的沉思。过了不久脚印在脑海里变得捉摸不定和模糊起来。我瞥一眼油灯,油灯行将熄灭,与此同时,我又听到巨大的脚步声。我注意到这脚步声在靠近,越来越近,沿着发霉的走廊,油灯变得越来越暗。这脚步声在离门近在咫尺间停住了--这油灯的火焰已变也微弱的蓝色,现在所有的一切对我来说昏暗而又模糊。门并没有开,但我却觉得我一股微弱的风吹拂着我的脸,不久这微风变得巨大,云雾出现在我的面前。我出神地注视着它。在那上面是一件暗暗地发着光的圣带,云雾慢慢聚拢化成一个形体--手臂,腿,还有身体,一个个出现,最后一张巨大沮丧的脸透过云雾看着。剥去它薄薄的外壳,裸露着,强壮而美丽的,庄严的Cardiff Giant在我面前!隐约可见。

When everything was still once more,I crept out of bed, sick and feeble,and lit the gas with a hand that trembled as if it were aged with a hundred years. The light brought some little cheer to my spirits.I sat down and fell into a dreamy contemplation of that great footprint in the ashes.By and by its outlines began to waver and grow dim.I glanced up and the broad gas-flame was slowly wilting away .In the same moment I heard that elephantine tread again.I noted its approach,nearer and nearer,along the musty halls,and dimmerand dimmer the light had dwindled to a sickly blue,and all things about me lay in a spectral twilight.The door did not open,and yet I felt a faint gust of air fan my cheek,and presently was conscious of a huge,cloudy presence before me.Iwatched it with fascinated eyes.A pale glow stole over the Thing;gradually its cloudy folds took shape-an arm appeared,then a body,and last a great sad face looked out ot the vapor.Stripped of its filmy housings,naked,muscular and comely,the majestic Cardiff Giant loomed aboved me

评分人数

返回列表