听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 翻译提高 » 鬼屋10
返回列表 发帖

鬼屋10

我所有的不幸都结束了--就算是个小孩也知道伤害不可能来自一个面容慈祥的人。我那愉快的心情立刻恢复了,燃烧的油灯也似乎看到这一切变得明亮起来。没有一个像我这样的孤独的流浪汉能有幸与一位友善的巨人相伴。我说道“怎么回事,就你一个?你知道吗我被吓得二三个小时之后就会死去,我怀着非常虔诚的的心情能见到你。但愿我有一把椅子--别,别,别坐在那儿---”
  但已经迟了。在我能够阻止他以前,他已经坐下了--在我有生以来还从未见过椅子被人坐成那样,
  “不,不,你会毁了所---"
  “又太迟了,另外一张椅子也逃脱不了被坐成碎片的命运”
  “讨厌,你难道还没得到教训,你难道想毁掉这里所有的家俱?别,别,你笨得——”
  但这却起不到任何作用,在我阻止他以前,他以前坐在床上,床也被令人心痛地毁坏了。
  “看你正在做些什么?起先,你带着众多的流浪的妖精笨拙地来到这,把我吓得半死,其次看看你的衣着,除了在高贵的戏院无论在那儿都被有教养的人认为是粗俗不堪,无法容忍的,并且你还一丝不挂,就还不止这些。你回报我的却是毁坏所有你能找到的家俱。你想干吗?你像伤害自己一样在伤害着我。你会摔断你最后一根脊柱,你身上碎片会到处乱扔,至到这里看上去像个大理石场。你应该对你所做的感到羞愧--你应该清楚你太大了。”

All my misery vanished-for a child might know that no harm could come with that benignant countenance.My cheerful spirits returned at once,and in sympathy with them the gas flamed up brightly again. Never a lonely outcast was so glad to welcome company as I was to greet the friendly giant,I said:
  "why,is it nobody but you?Do you know ,I have been scared to death for the last two or three hours? I am most honestly glad to see you.I wish I had a chair-Here,here,don't try to sit down in that thing-
  But it was too late .He was in it before I could stop him and down he went-I never saw a chair shivered so in my life.
  Too late again.There was another crash,and another chair was resolved into its original elements.
  "Confound it,haven't you got any judgment at all? Do you want to ruin all the furniture on the place?Here here, you petrified fool-
  But it was no use.Before I could arrest him he had sat down on the bed,and it was a melancholy ruin.
  "Now what sort of a way is that to do ?First you come lumbering about the place bringing a legion of vagabond gobins along with you to worry me to death,and then when I overlook an indelicacy of costume which would not be tolerated anywhere by cultivated people except in a respectable theater,and not ever there if the nudity were of your sex,you repay me by wtecking all the furniture you can find to sit down on.And why will you?You damage yourself as much as you do me.You have broken off the end of your spinal column,and littered up the floor with chips of your hams till the place looks like a marble yard.You ought to be ashamed of yourself-you are big enough to know better

评分人数

返回列表