听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 翻译提高 » Pride and Prejudice2
返回列表 发帖

Pride and Prejudice2

本帖最后由 shenjunqun 于 2010-12-2 11:03 编辑

班纳特先生是个古怪,爱挖苦人,不苟言笑,反复无常的人。纵使她妻子与他相处了二十三年也没让她摸清他的性格。她的性格则很容易看出。她是一个略解人意,不学无术,脾气阴晴不定。当她遇上烦心事,就会神经衰弱。她一生的经营就是让她的女儿们嫁出去;走亲访友和打听新闻就是她的安慰。
  班纳特先生是最早想约见宾利先生中的一位,他总是想着办法与他见面,虽然在妻子面前他总是一再保证不会去;至到会面结束那天的夜晚,他妻子还被蒙在鼓里,终于它被接下来的谈话所公开。注意到他的二女儿正在修剪帽子,他冷不丁地对她说到:
  “我想宾利先生会喜欢你的帽子的,利齐”
  “我们并不知道宾利先生喜欢什么”她妈妈恼怒地说道,“我们从来就没拜访过他”
   “但你忘了,妈妈”伊丽莎白说道“我们将在舞会上碰上他,朗夫人答应我会把我引见给他”
   “我不相信朗夫人会做这样的事,她自己有两个侄女,她是个自私自利,虚伪的女人,我指望不了她什么。”
   “没啥好说的”班纳特先生说道"我很高兴看到你不再依靠她的帮助而活着了“
   班纳特夫人并没屈尊俯就他,可还是无法控制自己的情绪,开始数落起她的一个女儿来
  “别这样咳个不停,吉蒂,我的老天爷,你饶了我那神经吧,你快把它们撕成碎片了。”
  “吉蒂咳嗽也不拣个时候”她爸爸说道“这时候咳嗽”
  “我咳嗽并不是因为自己好玩”吉蒂急促地说道。
   “利齐你的下一次舞会定在什么时候”
   “二星期后的明天”
   “是呀,原来如此,” 她妈妈叫道“朗夫人不会在那天以前回来;因此也就不可能拜访他,所以她连自己也不认识他“
   “看来,我亲爱的,你可以抢先一步去拜访他,到时可以帮她引见一下了”
   “不可能,班纳特先生,不可能,我自己都还不认识他,你怎么这样取笑我?”
   “我佩服你细心。两星期后的会面的机会当然非常渺茫。就算两星期以后我们可能谁也不知道他究竟是个怎样的人,但如果我们不拼一下,那么别人会捷足先登,最终朗女士和她的两个侄女将坐拥机会,于是她会把它当成是仁慈之举,如果你不把握这次机会,我将自己去把握。”
MR. Bennet was among the earliest of those who waited on Mr. Bingley. He had always intended to visit him, though to the last always assuring his wife that he should not go; and till the evening after the visit was paid, she had no knowledge of it. It was then disclosed in the following manner. Observing his second daughter employed in trimming a hat, he suddenly addressed her with,
``I hope Mr. Bingley will like it, Lizzy.''
``We are not in a way to know _what_ Mr. Bingley likes,'' said her mother resentfully, ``since we are not to visit.''
``But you forget, mama,'' said Elizabeth, ``that we shall meet him at the assemblies, and that Mrs. Long has promised to introduce him.''
``I do not believe Mrs. Long will do any such thing. She has two nieces of her own. She is a selfish, hypocritical woman, and I have no opinion of her.''
``No more have I,'' said Mr. Bennet; ``and I am glad to find that you do not depend on her serving you.''
Mrs. Bennet deigned not to make any reply; but unable to contain herself, began scolding one of her daughters.
``Don't keep coughing so, Kitty, for heaven's sake! Have a little compassion on my nerves. You tear them to pieces.''
``Kitty has no discretion in her coughs,'' said her father; ``she times them ill.''
``I do not cough for my own amusement,'' replied Kitty fretfully.
``When is your next ball to be, Lizzy?''
``To-morrow fortnight.''
``Aye, so it is,'' cried her mother, ``and Mrs. Long does not come back till the day before; so it will be impossible for her to introduce him, for she will not know him herself.''
``Then, my dear, you may have the advantage of your friend, and introduce Mr. Bingley to _her_.''
``Impossible, Mr. Bennet, impossible, when I am not acquainted with him myself; how can you be so teazing?''
``I honour your circumspection. A fortnight's acquaintance is certainly very little. One cannot know what a man really is by the end of a fortnight. But if we do not venture, somebody else will; and after all, Mrs. Long and her nieces must stand their chance; and therefore, as she will think it an act of kindness, if you decline the office, I will take it on myself.

评分人数

it is interesting

返回列表