听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 环球英语 » 【叹世界!】有一天,当你住进这样一间hotel……
返回列表 发帖

【叹世界!】有一天,当你住进这样一间hotel……

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-12-8 23:16 编辑

The Sand Hotel
It took seven days and 1,000 tons of sand for sculptors to create this oddity on the beaches of Dorset, England. The hotel features both twin and double bedrooms, which are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.

What, No TV?
For a whopping $16 a night, visitors can stargaze from their beds. The only catch? No washroom facilities in the rooms or, well, anywhere.

The Tube Hotel
Originally designed for office workers who wanted to catch some quick Z's, the Capsule Inn Akihabara in Tokyo provides a cheap option for the non-claustrophobic. For less than $40 a night, guests can stay in 7-foot-long pods equipped with a TV, radio, and wireless Internet.

Bed Doubles as a Desk

No Remote Needed

The Underwater Hotel Restaurant
At the Conrad Hotel on Rangali Island, Maldives, the world's only glass-roofed underwater restaurant offers views of tropical fish and coral reefs 16 feet below sea level.

The Just-Plain-Weird Hotel
In Berlin, Germany, the Propeller Island City Lodge is a go-to place for travelers who enjoy whimsical decor. The 28 rooms are more like living art pieces — see this take on a prison cell — and range from $95 to $260 a night.

The Upside-Down Room
Though it looks like all the furniture is out of reach, beds and chairs that you can actually use open up out of the floor, so guests can comfortably sit and sleep.
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

评分人数

• davy10

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-12-8 23:03 编辑

The Flying-Bed Room
With its slanted floors, irregular angles, and floating double bed, this hotel room probably gives its guests something to talk about: vertigo.

The Ice Hotel
Between December and April, the Ice Hotel in Sweden accepts visitors inside its 10,000-ton walls, made of snow and ice blocks from the Torne River. The hotel can hold up to 100 guests, and rates begin at $230 a night.

Grabbing a Cold One
At the Absolut Icebar, guests can grab drinks in — you guessed it — ice glasses.

Just for Kicks: The Key-Card 'Hotel'
To celebrate the relaunching of Holiday Inn properties around the world in 2009, the chain built a 400-square-foot New York "hotel" that was made out of more than 200,000 plastic key cards and weighed 4,000 pounds. It was open (to the media, of course) for five days.

Imagine Sleeping Under Those Covers...

Comfortable? Really?

Recycling at Its Finest

The Fold-Up Hotel
Going to a festival in the Netherlands and want something better than a tent? Many such events there offer fold-up accommodations, like these.

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-12-8 23:07 编辑

The Yotel
For any traveler who misses a flight, has an unexpected layover, or just needs a place to escape the airport madness, a miniature hotel called the Yotel awaits weary guests at London's Heathrow airport. Similar to the Japanese-style tube hotels, the tiny cabin rooms can be shared with strangers or rented as single-room pods. All rooms feature a flat-screen TV and wireless Internet.

Access Granted
Simon Woodroffe, founder of the Yotel, shows off the thumb-print room key to one of his group guest rooms. The prices range anywhere form $50 to $80 per 4 hours booked.

Do I Know You?

The Airplane Hotel
Outside the Teuge Airport in the Netherlands, the permanently grounded Ilyushin Il-18 aircraft is being reconstructed to house guests in the first-ever plane hotel. It features separate spaces for guests to sleep and a shared common area that includes 3 flat-screen TVs, a sauna, and a Jacuzzi.

Movin' On Up

The Dog Hotel
Sydney's PawPaws Urban Retreat, a newly opened dog hotel (think very upscale kennel), features three floors, a rooftop playground, and a spa. Rates range from $35 to $70 a day per dog. Sorry, no owners allowed!

It's okay!
these hotel are very different!
but I don't like to live in there

评分人数

• davy10

although they seem unsafety,i still have big interest to taste some of them.

回复 4# kobe

I think you can try The Key-Card 'Hotel'hah~~

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-12-10 10:08 编辑

回复 5# davy10

I like The Underwater Hotel Restaurant

Imagine when eating ,you can see so many fishes swimming around you  ,how amazing~~

It's totally different from that hotels we once lived.But it seen to be unsafety and uncomfortable.I think I can't sleep in such a bed.

评分人数

• davy10

回复 7# evaxiaofan

yes, the scene let me remeber the Qindao marine museum. you can taste the feeling in there.

回复 9# davy10

oh,really? If I have a chance to go Qingdao , I will taste it~

and by the way, how many cities have you been to in China?

回复 10# evaxiaofan

about 50, but now i feel a little  boring and prefer some unusual travel.

回复 11# davy10

wow, 50!! in my eyes, you are so lucky to taste various sceneries and food~~ ~~~

i think it's easy to do that , if you want ,you can too.
my dream is all over the world

回复 13# davy10

easy to say , but not easy to do~wish your dream come true ,and do share your journey with us~~

回复 13# davy10

admire you so much~
wish you could travel all over the world ,and share your experiences with us here~

回复 15# icy_zhu

thank your for ur wishes ,

回复 17# 汩子

What are you thinking about?

I prefer the Underwater Hotel Restaurant.

回复 19# yy2235

So do I,  in this restaurant, we can not only taste the beautiful food, and aslo enjoy a amazing scence, that's great~~

返回列表