听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 12月20日故事:隐藏的金子
返回列表 发帖

12月20日故事:隐藏的金子

本帖最后由 youxiaxiaolala 于 2010-12-20 08:47 编辑

please read the story carefully,and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

There was once a farmer who had a fine olive orchard. He was veryhardworking, and the farm always prospered under his care. But he knew that his three sons despised the farm work, and were eager to make wealth, trough adventure.

When the farmer was old, and felt that his time had come to die, he called the three sons to him and said, "My sons, there is a pot of gold hidden in the olive orchard. Dig for it, if you wish it."

The sons tried to get him to tell them in what part of the orchard the gold was hidden; but he would tell them nothing more.

After the farmer was dead, the sons went to work to find the pot of gold; since they did not know where the hiding-place was, they agreed to begin in a line, at one end of the orchard, and to dig until one of them should find the money.

They dug until they had turned up the soil from one end of the orchard to the other, round the tree-roots and between them. But no pot of gold was to be found. It seemed as if someone must have stolen it, or as if the farmer had been wandering in his wits. The three sons were bitterly disappointed to have all their work for nothing.

The next olive season, the olive trees in the orchard bore more fruit than they had ever given; when it was sold, it gave the sons a whole pot of gold.

And when they saw how much money had come from the orchard, they suddenly understood what the wise father had meant when he said, "There is gold hidden in the orchard. Dig for it, if you wish it."

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

ture word!

Not a bite to eat fat

He was veryhardworking, and the farm always prospered under his care. But he knew that his three sons despised the farm work, and were eager to make wealth, trough adventure.
他努力耕耘,农场在他的呵护下经常丰收。但他知道他的三个儿子都无意农场工作而非常想一夜致富

评分人数

• yy2235

And when they saw how much money had come from the orchard, they suddenly understood what the wise father had meant when he said, "There is gold hidden in the orchard. Dig for it, if you wish it."
当他们看到果园带来的经济效益的时候,他们突然明白他父亲话的含意:"果园里藏着金子,如果你想要就去挖掘它."

评分人数

• yy2235

nothing in the world is present,if you want to get what you want ,you must pay countless prises,which is my motto.

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 6# ellven

Yes, we should work harder to get something which we like.Wish you success.

I have heard this story ago.
It's true that we should work hard in order to get what we want.
No one can look after you forever.
Just yourself.

评分人数

• yy2235

Heaven  can't drop pie,pie must be made by our hardworking!

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 9# pengpen

Work harder! Wish you success!

回复 8# xiaomeixin

Yes, we should learn how to take care of ourselves.

返回列表