听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 12月31日故事:The Coordinates of Life 人生的坐标
返回列表 发帖

12月31日故事:The Coordinates of Life 人生的坐标

本帖最后由 yy2235 于 2010-12-31 13:59 编辑

Please read the story carefully,then translate the red sentences and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

In India, a computer software company was on the verge of bankruptcy because of intense market competition and inefficiency.     At this time, a computer programmer in the company developed a new software operating system. When it was put into the market, it sold well and revived the company.
     To commend this programmer's major contribution to the company, the general manager recommended that he be promoted to the branch manager.
     Unexpectedly, the programmer rebuffed." I'm good at the program design, but unversed in personnel management. If you raise me, I will be wasting everybody's time and accomplish nothing. Oh, I have a program to do. Can I go?" Then he hurried away.
     Later, this computer programmer created his own software kingdom and is now the president of the world's leading software company-Chesney.
     If a person is in the wrong place, he or she will be worthless. So we first need to determine where we fit in.

The most important thing in life is not one's own position, but one's own direction.             ——Li Ka-shing
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

At this time, a computer programmer in the company developed a new software operating system. 这时,在这家公司的一个程序员开发了一个新的操作系统
I'm good at the program design, but unversed in personnel management. If you raise me, I will be wasting everybody's time and accomplish nothing. 我擅长于程序设计,但没有管理经验,如果提升我,将会浪费每个人的时间并做不了任何事情
The most important thing in life is not one's own position, but one's own direction.生命中最重要的事不是某个人的位置,而是要知道自己的方向

评分人数

• yy2235

1、At this time, a computer programmer in the company developed a new software operating system.
在这个时候,公司的一名电脑程序员开发了一款新的软件操作系统。

2、I'm good at the program design, but unversed in personnel management. If you raise me, I will be wasting everybody's time and accomplish nothing.
我擅长程序设计,但不熟悉人事管理。如果你提升我,我将会浪费每个人的时间,最后一无所成。

3、The most important thing in life is not one's own position, but one's own direction.   ——Li Ka-shing
人生中最重要的事情不是自己的位置,而是自己的方向。 ——Li Ka-shing

4、Know yourself is difficult ,know yourself clearly is more difficult。  
认识自己是一件困难的事情,认清自己更困难。

评分人数

• yy2235

亲爱的,yy2355,第二段第一句To commend this programmer's major contribution to the comany中,最后一个单词是不是company呢,你看下啊~

评分人数

• yy2235

can I see the translation?

回复 4# yezichen

恩恩,是的哦~  呵呵
    可以看出你是阅读的多么仔细哈~
    其实我在想,有的时候我在这里输错了单词是不是也可以也可以作为一种警醒——吸取我的错误,以免下次你们会和我犯同样的错误哈~

回复 5# kobe

Oh,Kobe,you're lazy.

At this time, a computer programmer in the company developed a new software operating system.
在这个时候,公司有一个程序开发员发明了一个新的软件操作系统。
I'm good at the program design, but unversed in personnel management. If you raise me, I will be wasting everybody's time and accomplish nothing.
我擅长于程序设计,但是我对管理一窍不通。如果你升我职,我将会浪费大家的时间,将一事无成。
The most important thing in life is not one's own position, but one's own direction.
在我们生命中最重要的事情不在于拥有某种位置,而在于认得自己的方向。

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 8# sweet_smile

Good.the most important is the last sentence:The most important thing in life is not one's own position, but one's own direction.We should in our own position.

At this time, a computer programmer in the company developed a new software operating system
与此同时。公司有位计算机程序员开发了新的软件操作系统。

评分人数

• yy2235

I`m good at the program design,but unversed personnel management。if you raise me。I will be wasting everybody`s time and accomplish nothing
我擅长程序设计,但是不精通人事管理,如果你要提升我。我将耽误大家的时间并且一事无成。

返回列表