听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 1月8日故事:A Lily 百合花
返回列表 发帖

1月8日故事:A Lily 百合花

Please read the story carefully,then translate the red sentences and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

Accidentally, a lily seed dropped in the wheat field. The seed sprouted, shot out the slender stems and leaves, grew the buds and bloomed the pure white flowers. Looking at the ordinary wheat around, the lily was proud," Look, you're all ordinary wheat seedlings and your value is to yield several shoots of wheat and become the food of mankind. As for me, I'm the noble lily, who is the symbol of purity, so you all can't compare with me..."
    The lily was so pleased with itself while the wheat seedlings remained silent. At this moment, a farmer came by. He took no interest in flowers. He only had the crops in his eyes, so the beautiful lily was only a weed to him. He pulled out the lily right away and threw it off on the ridge of the field.
   The lily was frapped by the scorching sun and gradually withered.
   Do you believe you are excellent and the people around you are not as good as you? Perhaps you are a lily, but are you wrong to grow in the wheat field? The lily growing in the wheat field is a weed. You should consider in earnest where you should be.

It is not wise to be wiser than is necessary.            
                                                               ——Philippe Quinault
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

1、The seed sprouted, shot out the slender stems and leaves, grew the buds and bloomed the pure white flowers.
种子发了芽,伸出纤细的茎和叶,结出花蕾,开出洁白的花朵。

2、The lily was so pleased with itself while the wheat seedlings remained silent.
百合花是如此高兴,而此时小麦苗却保持沉默。

3、It is not wise to be wiser than is necessary.  ——Philippe Quinault
聪明反被聪明误。——Philippe Quinault

4、It is  very difficult to know  ourself.

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 2# yezichen

Although it is very difficult, we have to try our best to know where we are and what we are doing.

回复 3# yy2235

Do our best maybe the bast choice.

回复 5# yl542099575

What are you thingking about?

Nothing is more important than learning to be a person.

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 7# eedhatt

yes,agree with you

It is not wise to be wiser than is necessary.  ——Philippe Quinault
聪明反被聪明误。

评分人数

• yy2235

last :  modest is must!

评分人数

• yy2235

返回列表