听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 时尚贴图 » 数码时代怀念柯达胶卷带给我们的色彩
返回列表 发帖

数码时代怀念柯达胶卷带给我们的色彩

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2011-1-9 14:39 编辑

Analog: The End of Kodachrome

When Steve McCurry heard that Kodak was to discontinue its legendary film, he asked the company if he could get the last roll off the assembly line. "I have 800,000 prints in my archive," McCurry, the author of a number of iconic National Geographic cover photos, said, "and for 30 years Kodachrome had been my main film. It has informed how I have made pictures practically from Day One."
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

Iconic

"What was so special about it," says McCurry, "was its archival quality and longevity. Kodachrome retained its color. The color in pictures from the '50s is as true as when the picture was made. It had a wonderful color palette that interpreted what you saw in a true way. Other films were too vivid, too hyper. Kodachrome saw how my eye saw the scene."

Disappearing Culture

Asked what he envisioned for the last roll, McCurry says, "I wanted to photograph iconic places and people, places I had worked in. I live in New York, so I shot there. I also went to India, where I had previously worked, to find something equally iconic. The pictures show actors — a tribe of nomads whose way of life was disappearing. Their culture was fading away, just like Kodachrome was going to become part of the past, and there was a connection in that way."

Digital: iPhone Photography

During an embed with the 3rd Battalion, 6th Marines, in February, AP's David Guttenfelder used his iPhone to make images of the battle for Marjah in Afghanistan's Helmand province. "I was on assignment for the AP, so my priority was photographing hard news, but I also had my iPhone with me. I used it with the application ShakeItPhoto, which gives the image the look and feel of a Polaroid photo. Afghanistan, the front lines of a war, is one of the few remaining places that the public, with its consumer camera phones, does not go."

Snapshots

"I wanted to make some pictures that had the look or mood of the keepsake shots that the Marines take themselves. I've noticed that the new generation of Marines and soldiers take a lot of photos and videos, even when they are in combat situations. Most use phones or point-and-shoot cameras and make gritty keepsake pictures to remember what their lives were like on the deployment and to post or show their friends and family back at home."

Connection

"People who might normally ignore coverage of Afghanistan or ignore traditional photos from the war," Guttenfelder observes, "paid attention to these iPhone pictures because they use similar cameras every day to document their own lives. As a result, they were drawn into the story by these photos, a connection was made, and the photos got a lot of attention."

Analog: Infrared Film

When working on his project in eastern Congo, photographer Richard Mosse chose to shoot with infrared film. "Kodak Aerochrome," Mosse explains, "is a recently discontinued military surveillance technology, developed during the Cold War with the primary objective of perceiving camouflaged enemy installations hidden in the landscape. The use of analog infrared film in eastern Congo evokes the specificity of that medium, its genesis as a military technology and its potential to reveal the invisible."

Surprise

"The subject of my work in eastern Congo is the conflict's intangibility and our blindness to it. The project seeks to challenge the ways in which Congo is typically represented. The project's goal is to provoke a dialogue surrounding the generic conventions of documentary photography in Congo, and more generally in Africa. The aim is to surprise the viewer to look again at a forgotten but very tragic conflict."

Digital: Kickstarter

Krisanne Johnson looked to Kickstarter, an online funding platform, to successfully raise the money that enabled her to return to Swaziland to complete her long-term project on HIV/AIDS. "For the past four years," Johnson explains, "I have been documenting young women coming of age amidst the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Swaziland. A tiny African kingdom of 1 million, Swaziland reports the highest percentage of HIV-positive people in the world, with the hardest hit being young women. For every two young Swazi women, one is HIV-positive. It should come as no surprise that average life expectancy has dropped from 61 years to almost 31 years over the past decade."

Analog: Multiple Exposure

For his very personal and intimate Joop Swart Masterclass Project, photographer Justin Maxon used in-camera multiple exposure of Kodachrome film. "This project is about my transition from a path of chaos to one of healing," Maxon says. "For the past decade, my life has been a blur of movement. The healthy parts of my life fell away, those that used to enrich it — family, friends, love. I found myself in a space between worlds, a visitor to everything around me, a stranger to my own life. I realized I had a crossroads approaching, a choice to make. I chose to thread those fractured parts of self back into my life piece by piece."

Longing for Color

"Shooting multiple exposures was the only way I could physically string these pieces together internally. Moments are layered together, creating a patchwork of feelings. I shot Kodachrome to exemplify my longing for color."

The Uncertainty of Life

"I wanted to create images that had an extravagance to them — vibrant landscapes, rich with significance to symbolize how momentous these moments in my life were. The delicate nature of exposing multiple images on one roll of film is like the uncertainty of life, always guessing if one more exposure will ruin the mixture or make it sing."

这些照片有PS的成分吧

回复 13# 星期一

有的吧,这也大概是它会终结的一个原因吧~~

挺唯美的图片

还好吧~PS不PS无所谓

回复 16# kobe

什么意思呢?

shocking~

蛮好看的

数码本来就是比胶卷的方便点,节省点。数码相机的成像质量可以无限接近但永远无法达到胶卷相机的效果,不过这只是存在在理论上,现有的数码相机的成像质量与胶卷的差距人仅凭肉眼已经是没法分辨了。

返回列表