听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 1月11日故事:Look Downward and Look Upword 向下看与向上看
返回列表 发帖

1月11日故事:Look Downward and Look Upword 向下看与向上看

Please read the story carefully,then translate the red sentences and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

After making some slight achievements, a young man began to be self-satisfied and despised other people.
    One day, the young man walked along with a wise man. On the way, the young man was bragging about himself, but the wise man was silent. when they reached a peak, the wise man asked," Look downward, what do you see?"
   "I see the woods, farmlands, houses, and the people as small as ants working in the fields."
   "Then what do you feel?"
   "Everything is all below me. I look like the one who dominates the earth."
   " If you look upward,what will you see?"
   " I see higher mountains, the white clouds on these mountains and the blue sky above the white cloud."
   "Then what do you feel?"
   The young man fell silent for a moment.
   " A person who knows to look upward can understand his position;a person who knows the blue sky is always overhead won't be foolish to put himself above others."
   The young man was suddenly englightened. Since then,he became studious and modest and acheived a lot.

A proud man always destroys himself in his pride.              ——Shakespeare
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

1.在路上,年轻人一直吹嘘自己有多么的厉害,而那个明智的人却什么都不说。
2.年轻人沉默了一会儿。
3.一个值得骄傲的人总是懂的去打破自己的骄傲。

评分人数

• yy2235

On the way, the young man was bragging about himself, but the wise man was silent.
在路上,年轻人一直在夸自己,而智者却保持沉默.
The young man fell silent for a moment
年轻人沉默了片刻
A proud man always destroys himself in his pride.              ——Shakespeare
骄傲的人总会被他的骄傲所打败

评分人数

• yy2235

Pride goes before a fall

评分人数

• yy2235

This story told us , even though you have made  a great achinvments , you should always keep modest . since maybe  you are not the most wised man . or in other's eyes your achivment which is so called means nothing . so you should continue work hard ,and make a big step in your carrer.

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 5# huxiuyue

Yes.For our life, we should always continue working hard. Once you stopped,there will be many persons beyond you.

I can't agree any more!

1、On the way, the young man was bragging about himself, but the wise man was silent.
在路上,年轻人一直吹嘘自己的能力,但是智者则保持沉默。

2、The young man fell silent for a moment.
年轻人沉默了一会。

3、A proud man always destroys himself in his pride.     ——Shakespeare一个骄傲的人总是毁在自己的傲慢上。 ——Shakespeare

4、虚心使人进步,骄傲使人落后。
Modesty helps one to go forward, whereas conceit makes one lag behind.

评分人数

• yy2235

返回列表