听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 1月13日故事:The Weight of Love 爱的重量
返回列表 发帖

1月13日故事:The Weight of Love 爱的重量

本帖最后由 yy2235 于 2011-1-13 19:53 编辑

Please read the story carefully,then translate the red sentences and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

A Hindu walked to the sacred shrine in the Himalayas for pilgrimage. The journey was long and the mountain road was hard to walk. So though he carried little baggage, he still walked hard. Just ahead of him, he saw a little girl, less than 10 years old, carrying a chubby boy on her back and also moving on slowly. She panted heavily and kept sweating, but her hands still firmly protected the boy on her back.
    When passing by the little girl, the Hindu said to her sympathetically," My girl, you must be very tired because what you carry is so heavy!" Hearing this, the little girl said unhappily," What you carry is a weight, but what I carry is not a weight, he is my little brother."
   It is true, on the scale, whether it is a brother or a burden, there is no difference, for it will show the actual weight, but for a heart, what the little girl said is right: What she carried was her little brother, not a weight, for the burden was the weight. She loved her little brother from the heart.
   Love has no weight, so love is not a burden but the happy solicitude and selfless devotion.

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.                       ——Victor Hugo
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

A Hindu walked to the sacred shrine in the Himalayas for pilgrimage.
一个印度信徒步行去喜马拉雅山的神龛朝圣。
She panted heavily and kept sweating, but her hands still firmly protected the boy on her back.  她不停喘着气且不停的流汗,但是她把臂弯中的小男孩抱的很稳
The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.
生命中最幸福的事情是相信有爱

评分人数

• yy2235

if you have a million loves in your heart, everything is easy!

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 3# ivyzeng

Yes,I think so. Each of us,there is a place where are full of love.

WHAT

回复 5# wopaq

Something was wrong?

1、A Hindu walked to the sacred shrine in the Himalayas for pilgrimage.一个印度人走到喜玛拉雅山的圣地去朝圣。

2、 She panted heavily and kept sweating, but her hands still firmly protected the boy on her back.
她喘着大气,不停地流汗,但她的手仍坚定地保护着她背上的男孩。

3、The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.  ——Victor Hugo
生活中最大的幸福是坚信有人爱我们。——Victor Hugo

4、Love is the greatest thing in the world .

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 7# yezichen

Our life is full of love.

I like the passage very much specially for the last sentence.
Thank you for sharing the beautiful article, yy2235.

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 9# eedhatt

I'm very happy to hear that. Love is everywhere, as long as we believe in love.

A Hindu walked to the sacred shrine in the Himalayas for pilgrimage.
一个印度信徒步行去喜马拉雅山的神龛朝圣。
She panted heavily and kept sweating, but her hands still firmly protected the boy on her back.  她不停喘着气且不停的流汗,但是她把臂弯中的小男孩抱的很稳
The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.
生命中最幸福的事情是相信有爱

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 11# 疯狂的猫

yes, love is everywhere.

love is everywhere..
haha  new friend report!!

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 13# zyinsist

Yes, I think so.

A very nice story.
Once our lives are full of love,then noting can not be done.

评分人数

• yy2235

A very nice story.
Once our lives are full of love,then noting can not be done.
xiaomeixin 发表于 2011-1-20 10:29

This sentence is quite meaningful.

回复 16# yy2235

Wiht delight that you love it.

至高无上的喜悦就是证明我们在爱中

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 1# yy2235

返回列表