听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 1月22日故事:The Secret of Happiness 幸福的秘诀
返回列表 发帖

1月22日故事:The Secret of Happiness 幸福的秘诀

Please read the story carefully,then translate the red sentences and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

Linda was young and lonely. She had no family and no one to love her. One day she was walking in the open air when she saw a small butterfly caught in a thorn bush. The more the butterfly tried to free itself, the deeper the thorns cut into its body. Linda carefully freed the butterfly from the thorns. Instead of flying away, the little butterfly changed into a beautiful fairy. Linda could not believe her eyes.     "For your wonderful kindness," the good fairy said to the girl," I will give you any wish you would like."
    The little girl thought for a while and then said," I want to be happy!"
     The fairy said," Very well," and said something in her ear. Then the good fairy vanished.
    As the little girl grew up, there was no one in the land as happy as she. Everyone asked her the secret of her happiness. She would only smile and answer," The secret of my happiness is that I listened to a good fairy when I was a little girl."
    When she was very old and on her deathbed, everyone stayed at her bed, afraid that her secret of happiness would die with her." Tell us, please," they said." Tell us what the good fairy said."
    The lovely old woman simply smiled and said," She told me that everyone, no matter how old or young he was, how rich or poor, had need of me."

A content mind is the greatest blessing a man can enjoy in this world.
                                                                                        —— Joseph Addison
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

first time,nearly with you

回复 2# devil--liu

thanks for the sharing~

Tell yourself:you are very important to everyone!

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 5# minglangnan

Yes, I agree with you

a ha,ture but  difficult

The more the butterfly tried to free itself, the deeper the thorns cut into its body,蝴蝶越拼命挣扎,那刺在身体中就刺得越深As the little girl grew up, there was no one in the land as happy as she,随着那小女孩长大,他总是任何人都快乐,  A content mind is the greatest blessing a man can enjoy in this world.一个自满自足的心态会让一个非常快乐的生活

评分人数

• yy2235

返回列表