听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 1月25日故事:The Lion and the Mouse 狮子和老鼠
返回列表 发帖

1月25日故事:The Lion and the Mouse 狮子和老鼠

Please read the story carefully,then translate the red sentences and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

A lion was awakened from his sleep by a mouse running over his face. Rising up angrily, he caught him and was about to kill him. While the mouse pleaded, saying," If you would only spare my life, I would be sure to repay your kindness." The lion laughed and let him go.
      It happened shortly after this that the lion was caught by some hunters, who bound him by strong ropes to the ground. The mouse, recognizing his roar, came and gnawed the ropes with his teeth and set him free, exclaiming," You ridiculed the idea of my ever being able to help you, expecting no repayment of your favor. Now you know that it is possible for even a mouse to help a lion."

In nature there are no rewards or punishments, just consequences.                           
                                                                                                  ——Horacl Annexley Vachell
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Goodness will have a good reward.

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 2# eedhatt

Be kind to others is to treat yourself.

While the mouse pleaded, saying," If you would only spare my life, I would be sure to repay your kindness." The lion laughed and let him go.
小老鼠恳求说:“如果你放过我,我一定会报答你的好心的。” 狮子不屑地大笑起来,让它走了。

在这个自然界里,没有奖励,没有惩罚,只有结果。(直译,感觉怪怪的)

From the mouse's point of view, we should repay someone who is kind to us.

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 4# 洛溪BB

Yes. Be kind to others is to treat yourself.So be kind to others.

In nature there are no rewards or punishments, just consequences,在自然界中没有一定的强者与弱者,适者生存

评分人数

• yy2235

我不懂

回复 7# 332846195

I'm very sorry to hear that. You can try your best to translate those red sentences, and read the story carefully.

While the mouse pleaded, saying," If you would only spare my life, I would be sure to repay your kindness." The lion laughed and let him go.
小老鼠恳求说:“如果你放过我,我一定会报答你的好心的。” 狮子不屑地大笑起来,让它走了。

在这个自然界里,没有奖励,没有惩罚,只有结果。

评分人数

• yy2235

返回列表