听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 环球英语 » New Year's Eve Dinner 除夕年夜饭
返回列表 发帖

New Year's Eve Dinner 除夕年夜饭

本帖最后由 davy10 于 2011-2-2 02:30 编辑

On New Year's Eve night, Chinese families come together for a celebration dinner. This custom is also called "surrounding the hearth" from the ancient custom in earlier times of eating dinner around the family hearth. Both children and adults eat together and dinner begins only after all of the family members are present at the table.

The New Year's Eve dinner is very sumptuous and traditionally includes chicken and fish.

Fish (Chinese:鱼)—Usually not eaten completely, as the Chinese phrase "may there be surpluses every year" sounds like "may there be fish every year."

Jiao zi (dumplings) (Chinese:饺子)—Eaten traditionally in northern China because the preparation represents packaging luck inside the dumpling.

Nian gao (Chinese:年糕)—Most popular in eastern part of China because its pronunciation is a homophone for "a more prosperous year".

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

What 's your dish list for the New Year's Eve Dinner ?

happy 兔 you !
新年,兔 be NO.1 !

评分人数

• davy10

dish list for the New Year's Eve Dinner ?I just don't know how to call some of  them even in putonghua...

回复 4# zora

there must be very unusual ,if you can take some photoes about them for us , let's have a look

no,they are very common here...but maybe they are unusual in northern China ...hehe ,sorry ,they were already eaten up ...

评分人数

• davy10

Yeah,we always eat chickren and fish for New Year's Eve,Happy New Year's day to everyone one.

评分人数

• davy10

happy new year!

评分人数

• davy10

I like Nian gao and fish

i want to eat that fish

返回列表