听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 翻译提高 » 话说“spring”
返回列表 发帖

话说“spring”

春天象征着生命和青春,不同民族的人们都喜欢春天。spring在英语中有“泉水”“弹簧”,甚至“生育”的意思。
早在公元前300多年,亚里士多德(Aristotle)就说过“One swallow does not make a spring.(独燕不成春)”在人们的心目中,春天的形象便是这样的。
英语中有很多描绘和歌颂春天的诗句。有的诗句是关于如何感知春天的来临,比如:In the spring time, the only pretty ring time, when birds do sing, hey ding a ding, ding, sweet lovers love the spring.
有的诗歌则表达春天给人们带来的欢乐和喜悦的心情如:Spring, the sweet spring, is the year's king; Then blooms each thing, then maids dance in a ring, cold does not sting, the pretty birds do sing. Cuckoo, jug-jug, pu-we, to-witta-woo!
下面这位仁兄大概是个懒汉,不信请看这则:Spring is he glorious season when the grass grows up along the roadside and hides the discarded beer cans.
以上是一些过去的经典诗作,时下,歌颂春天的新作也很多,例如:Springtime seems to fill the air with music all its own; frogs and crickets come to life with such a pleasant tone.
Flowers peek their tiny heads above the fertile ground; No other season of the year can such beauty ere be found.
有关春天的名句,最脍炙人口的莫过于雪莱(Percy Bysshe Shelley)的经典诗句:“If winter comes, can spring be far behind?”,这一诗句极佳地反映出人们对春天的渴望之情。
不过,也有拿春天来调侃的,有人甚至模仿雪莱的名句,创作出以下诗句:There's something bad in everything good: when spring comes, can spring cleaning be far behind?
现在,国内的大部分城市已经迎来了春天,然而北京的春天要等到四月,而且非常短促。对此,曾有人描述:“Spring here does not arrive so much as it rushes through, a blur of changing colours.”意思是说:“这里的春天来也匆匆,去也匆匆,而且瞬间即逝,人们印象中留下的只是模糊的色彩变化。”
“spring”一词语含义丰富,英语中常利用同词异意来形成双关语,揣摩一下这个句子是何意吧!

Why does water melon have so much water?Because it is planted in spring.

评分人数

Spring is my favourite season!
“One swallow does not make a spring" I like this sentence

回复 2# Sanmal

i like summer

Spring is my favourite season!

回复 4# shenjunqun

i like summer too

wow ! there are so many meanings of "spring" ,which makes me a little puzzled

评分人数

• shenjunqun

回复 6# 陈秀玲