听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 听力提高 » let's do it together~
返回列表 发帖

let's do it together~

listen to this lesson, and write it down.

er~~~the file is too big to upload here.

so please click:

[ 本帖最后由 ella 于 2006-8-12 06:57 AM 编辑 ]
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

and write down the dialogue between Peter and Fred, too

lesson 77 Rome wasn't built in a day

Learning English is like building a house.
Laying a strong foundation is the first and  most important step.
In other words, you should read and speak English everyday.
Memorizing new words and phrases is also helpful.
Like building a house, learning English takes some time, so don't be impatient.
Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.

like:
I like to do it . --------I like to sing.
I like doing it.  --------I like singing.
He is like a monkey.

一般主语:
He works very hard.
John is a good buy.
The boy is my brother.

-ing 做主语:
Riding bicycles  is fun.
Working with him is fun.
Working with him is interesting.
Learning English is fun.

lay:
Lay the book here.
Lay the book on the desk.

in other words:
John know many many things, for example, he sings well,he is a scientist,  in other words ,he is versatile.

remember and memorize:
Do you remember me?
You should remember that lesson.
Remember to mail the letter.
You should memorize new words everyday.

helpful:
He is helpful, so he is popular with us.

like:
Like me ,he studies hard.
Like john, he plays around.

impatient and patient:
He is impatient.
I am patient.
He must take care of the patient.
He must look after the patient.
A good teacher must be patient with his students.

go ahead with the gialogue, please.

Today we are going to do something special.
We have a guest speaker on the air with us.
I am going to ask him to tell us his own idea of learning english as a second language.

---hello,fred.
---hello,peter. thank you for letting me come here today.
---it's  my pleasure to have the chance to talk to you. so..ah..i am going to ask you two questions.i hope that you can tell our listeners as to  how to learn english efficiently. now , in general, chinese students are very passive or shy when they are learning english, they are afraid to ask questions. even if there's something they don't understand. so what suggestions would you like to give our listeners?
---of course peter. you hit the nail right on the head. this is the biggest problem that i've been encounted when i've been teaching here for over 3 years.most chinese students will not ask questions they are very anxious and passive. but not asking questions creates a lot of problems for the teachers especially.because if a teacher doesn't understand all things  the students  know ,they wouldnot spend special time  explaining.so it's always very difficult and takes me  a long time to try to understand what the students know and what they don't know.so  if the students can get out of the habbit of not asking questions ,it would be a big remit to most of  the teachers, i am sure.
---in other words, we should not be afraid of making mistakes.
---that's the second biggest point. making mistakes is not a problem. making mistakes is the way we natrually learn and by not making...by being afraid of making mistakes is probably a bigger mistake .and not making mistakes isn't in the first place.

---many people believe that one can only learn english well by being with foreigners or native speakers.but china is a very big country,which means that  not every student  has the chance to  meet foreigners . would it be possable for,you know, the chinese students to learn english totally  on their own?
---well absolutely. this is probably the biggest mis-conception that most students have.in fact they think they need to speak to foreigners or native speakers ,and that is totally wrong.as you know, and i would share with your listeners  in china your story,peter you know how you learned  speaking english , talking to yourself.30 year ago,there were not  many foreigners or native speakers here, so you learned to make up fictitious friend and talk to yourself. now you can speak to your friends .the key is you must speak english constantly. you must say words and key phrases over and over and over again to get them right .if you don't speak you never learn.it's best example, so by...by constantly talking to your friends, form a club, that's my big suggestion.get your friends together,gather around and have a cup of tea, and just speak in english.
---well this is exactly what i did 30 years ago.
---thank you very much.
---thank you peter.and good luck to everybody learning english!

i uploaded lesson 77.

ella 做了很多好东西哦.

返回列表