当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 休闲乐园 » 甜玉米或者洋葱?!纽约州蔬菜大战
返回列表 发帖

甜玉米或者洋葱?!纽约州蔬菜大战

纽约州正在竞选官方蔬菜,他们已经有官方花,玫瑰花。所以一些议员觉得咱们不是也应该有一个官方蔬菜。

一个名叫 David Carlucci 的议员提议用洋葱。而另一个名叫 Michael Nozzolio 的觉得甜玉米在纽约州的种植面积最大,应该选甜玉米。

目前这两派正在交战,各有各的支持者。David 承认洋葱有着味道的弱点。而甜玉米也并非人人喜欢。

# kobe:你喜欢啥呢?

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

While New York counts the apple as its official fruit, the rose as its official flower and even the beaver as its official animal, a vacancy exists for the vegetable that best sums up the empire state.
A bill that would see the onion victorious has been proposed in the state senate by David Carlucci, an independent Democrat from Rockland County.
Mr Carlucci's constituency contains the "black dirt" region, which produces half of all onions consumed in New York. His bill states: "Onions are one of the most important vegetable crops in New York in terms of crop value".
Meanwhile Michael Nozzolio, a Republican from Seneca County, insists that the honour must be bestowed on the sweetcorn. He has quickly gained the support of several Republican colleagues.
In a direct challenge to Mr Carlucci, Mr Nozzolio's bill states: "Sweetcorn is one of the most important vegetable crops produced in New York state in terms of acreage, crop value and number of producers." Amid some controversy, onion loyalists have claimed that sweetcorn is in fact a grain and is ineligible. Corn supporters, however, counter that while it may be harvested as a grain, it is eaten as a vegetable.
RELATED ARTICLES
24-stone politician seeks to ban McDonald's Happy Meals 07 Apr 2011
How almost anything can be 'official' in the US 26 Jan 2011
Utah plan to adopt official gun condemned 26 Jan 2011
Mr Carlucci has also conceded that onions may have their own fatal weakness: the infamous effect on a consumer's breath. "I try to avoid them if I'm going to a meeting," he told the Albany Times-Union.
Both bills have been referred to the Senate Investigations and Government Operations Committee.
While refusing to be drawn into the dispute, Andrew Cuomo, the Governor of New York, also appeared to raise the prospect of a third, wild card candidate.
"I don't have a candidate yet in the race," he told reporters in Albany, the state capital.

i like sweet corn

i support onions ,for i dont like sweet food.

I like sweet food,so you know which I will support.

返回列表